Hacking PS4 save transfer between different accounts

zer01717

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay this might be a little confusing, I apologize. A friends ps4 hard drive corrupted and he lost all his saves. My goal is to transfer my FFVII Remake save on a local account that is PSN activated on my 5.05 JB PS4 to his PSN account on a 8.50 non-JB PS4 . When I use the PS4 offline activator with my friends PSN user string and try to copy/backup the save data on my PS4 I get an error stating "Cannot copy the save data belongs to another player". I understand that saves are encrypted and tied to accounts however is there any (free) way to transfer the save? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by zer01717,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only way may be save wizard, because I think save wizard requires the save encrypted via exportation.

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i did achieve that from a non activated account to an activated one.

Hey there, can you please tell me the extact steps i need to do to achieve this too ?
I am planning on transfering all my 100% saves from unactivated local ps4 5.05 account to my legit psn account to use on ps5.
Thanks in advance for your help

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
1. play the game with your 5.05 account on jailbroken ps4, use save mounter to copy the mounted save to pc.
2. get psn id of your friend account, like you've already done with yours.
3. create new local account, activate it with your friend psn id
4. play the game with your friend account, create a new save, then use save mounter and inject the mounted save you have from step 1 to your friend account, unmount the save on save mounter then save the game (in game) and quit. copy the save to usb and use it with your friend account on latest firmware.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,
Reactions: SonGoku78

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. play the game with your 5.05 account on jailbroken ps4, use save mounter to copy the mounted save to pc.
2. get psn id of your friend account, like you've already done with yours.
3. create new local account, activate it with your friend psn id
4. play the game with your friend account, create a new save, then use save mounter and inject the mounted save you have from step 1 to your friend account, unmount the save on save mounter then save the game (in game) and quit. copy the save to usb and use it with your friend account on latest firmware.

Hey there, sorry, i didnt check gbatemp for a long while.
Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.
How do i achieve step 3 when i cant go online to activate psn id ?

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
account activator.

thank you :)
Is account activator risk free if using on same console with a not activated account already present ?
Can my saves become corrupt or anything ?

Alternatovely, is the following scenario possible too to leave out step 3 completely ?

Do step 1 on my console wich has an unactivated local only account:
play the game with your 5.05 account on jailbroken ps4, use save mounter to copy the mounted save to pc.

Do step 4 on a different console (still 5.05) with an already legit activated (psn) account being present:
play the game with your friend account, create a new save, then use save mounter and inject the mounted save you have from step 1 to your friend account, unmount the save on save mounter then save the game (in game) and quit. copy the save to usb and use it with your friend account on latest firmware.

Have a good start in the week everybody :)

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, sorry, i didnt check gbatemp for a long while.
Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.
How do i achieve step 3 when i cant go online to activate psn id ?

My post #6 is answer for post #1, assuming that he already knew how to activate local account with psn id from a legit psn account.

And your question about step 3, there is a way to create new legit psn account, get the psn id of that account from sony website then use it to activate your local account. Leeful already posted a tutorial about this long time ago, it's somewhere in this sub forum, so you need to dig deeper.

Once you have psn id from legit psn account, you can use a payload named account activator from sleirgoevy which is available on some offline/online hosts (I'm using 7.55, not sure about lower firmwares hosts) like godreborn mentioned. Or use a windows software named ps4 offline account activator (google it) which will require some extra steps.

Literally, you use ps4 account activator to mount the local/offline account, view it on pc or on ps4 (with sleirgoevy payload) and insert psn id you get from a legit psn account to activate it. Your activated account will be allowed to copy save to usb, that will help you to backup saves/trophies/accounts, and restore them on any jailbroken ps4 instead of only the ps4 that they were initially created.

edit: found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-offlineaccount-activator.558004/#post-8961091

another way is to ask some of your trusted friends who have a ps3 which is on latest original firmware 4.88 (or on 4.88 cfw and they know how to get online psn with psnpatch/spoof firmware if on lower cfw.), make a local account, then create new psn account with your email and desired password. Play a game, any game to create a new game save.

then copy the game save of your account to usb, plug the usb into pc, you will find PARAM.SFO inside a game folder PS3\SAVEDATA\BCUSXXXX for example, install ps3toolcollection v4.8.1 from aldotools and run Param SFO Editor, open the .SFO file to see the psn id which is 16 random characters, copy and use it to activate account on ps4.

an easier way is to ask your trusted friends who have a ps4 on latest firmware, create a new psn account with your email and password, play a game, save it, then copy the save to usb, view it on pc. there will be a folder which has 16 random characters inside PS4\SAVEDATA, these 16 characters are psn id which is used to activate local account for your ps4.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can even add the avatar from your fake account to the account on the ps4 along with the hopefully fake name you created. I've shown pictures of it on my ps4, but I won't show the fake name, because I'm paranoid about sony looking at the stuff. nothing would probably happen, but the name is in a json file iirc. images and json files are all in the same folder on the ps4. this is mine. I changed the user folder name to all 0s due to that paranoia. :P yours won't be all 0s, but this is what the folder looks like:

upload_2021-6-28_12-59-14.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is where you put your name as it will appear on the home screen (it's in the offline.json file). if you've never signed into psn, I think you'll only have the version.json file in the folder:

upload_2021-6-28_13-2-6.png

the part you change is "Fake" and "Name" for your first and last name.

don't know about Canada, but if you lived in America, you could use an old address for the fake address to the account. odd numbers are on one side the street; even on the other, so you could make several fake accounts by doing that.

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks to all of you for your great answers :)
I really have to take some serious time for my ps4 again.
Currently adult life hits hard, haha, too mich other stuff to do.
Stay well you all, cheers

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr