Gaming PS4 Remote Play Doesn't Work Over Internet Anymore

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, using PS4 Link hasn't worked over internet. It worked just fine before, even when I wasn't at home. I'm at a total loss because it worked perfectly not long ago for Persona 5. The only change is the PS4's firmware going up to the beta, but I let it downgrade to try it again and it still didn't work. My goal is to get PS4 Link working again atleast on the PSTV so I can send it to a friend so they can play some of my games.
Trying to connect gives the NW-2439-8 error code on both systems, which seems like the system can't connect to the internet, according to a few results in google, however both vita systems work don't have any issues using the internet in anything else. When I try to add the system's code to pair them, it gives the same error. I also tried opening the port specified in the vita manual, but it didn't solve anything.

Current setup:
PS4 on 5.0 Beta 6 (Tried on the latest 4.x too.) using Ethernet.
PSVita/TV on 3.65 using WiFI on a different network. (Different network at home and at a friend's house.) Vita has VHBL, PSTV is totally unhacked.
All systems have the PSN account signed in and are activated. Both vita systems have used Remote Play multiple times before with no issue.

If this gets any replies, I might not see them for a bit because I'm typing this before I go to bed so I don't forget.
Any insight on this is greatly appreciated!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You can't use remote play on beta firmware, the handshake with the Vita doesn't work. All devices must be on latest official firmware.

PS4 5.0 just dropped so hopefully that fixes the issue.

Last edited by T-hug,

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use remote play on beta firmware, the handshake with the Vita doesn't work. All devices must be on latest official firmware.

PS4 5.0 just dropped so hopefully that fixes the issue.
I believe it did. I was able to connect to the PS4 through my phone's hotspot, although briefly. It's too slow to actually support it, but it works now.

Did you recently update something in your Router? A firewall in your router could be the bottleneck here.
The only thing that changed was me opening port 9304 (UDP) for the PS4, though I'm looking around in it to be sure.

It seems the issue may lie with my WIFI instead of the PS4. Since Remote Play can be established outside of the local network now, everything *should* be ok now.
Thanks for helping!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1