Hardware ps4 or pc

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should also consider that you have to pay to play online with consoles.
And that a PC is not only useful for gaming, but for other purposes:
Internet browsing, file managing, doing work, etc.
And PC games generally have more settings on their games, so if you have an older PC, you can
change those settings to lower so it will run better.

Of course, the main selling point of the console that will always beat the PC is price.

But that's up to you to decide. What's your budget?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You should also consider that you have to pay to play online with consoles.
And that a PC is not only useful for gaming, but for other purposes:
Internet browsing, file managing, doing work, etc.
And PC games generally have more settings on their games, so if you have an older PC, you can
change those settings to lower so it will run better.

Of course, the main selling point of the console that will always beat the PC is price.

But that's up to you to decide. What's your budget?
Well yeah i prefer an open os yes the consoles are cheaper but you can't run your own code or programs which i like to do.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Regarding your question how long will the PC last:

Define lasting.

If you build what might be now a gamer PC, it'll last around 3-4 years before you begin to see performance issues on newer games. But as I mentioned you can customize options that will help lower end PCs on performance. Though if you define lasting as that, consoles benefit graphics over framerate, so you'll commonly be around 30 FPS, when with a gamer PC, you'll get 60+. But if you don't care about the framerate, there's nothing wrong with that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well yeah i prefer an open os yes the consoles are cheaper but you can't run your own code or programs which i like to do.
Then you should consider building a PC.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
PC all the way.

Surely there are few PS4 exclusives, but you have access to a gigantic library of games with a machine that could be upgraded, and that is already more powerful than a PS4.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the only thing you care about are games, get a PS4. It does nothing but play games.

If you have other needs or interests (like schoolwork, social media, internet, etc) then get a PC.

When trying to guess how long it lasts, it depends on how much you spend on it. Say if you spend $200 on a PS4, games tend to be $10-60 each, and each game generally gives 20-60 hours of entertainment... so it will last as long as you keep buying games. But if you spend $200 on a PC, it'll be a very low end PC that will be absolutely fine for internet, office and schoolwork, but will struggle with games from the beginning. If you stretch your budget into the $400-600 range you'll probably get a system that'll last a few years, and if you stretch even further to the $1000 range it'll last you for several years worth of games. Just remember that whilst you can "obtain" games for free, you'll generally be getting Steam and regularly emptying your wallet into its Steam sales at strategic parts of the year to play all of the amazing (and not so amazing) games in its library.

Because there are a bajillion more games on PC than PS4.

D

Deleted User

PC, you can't upgrade a ps4, so if you get tired of running everything at 30fps you can't upgrade it to start using 60
with PC you got mouse & keyboard
PC has an open market, which is competition, and competition is good, because you get lower prices. steam, uplay, origin, gog, many other places that i can't even begin naming
PC has free online (need i say more)
PC has mods
PC has other uses than just gaming
PC has emulators if you ever start craving console games (lul)

Reactions: VinsCool

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo it depends on what games you want to play. If all you're interested in are 3rd party titles & the latest Call of Poopy, then go for a PC. If you want to play Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us, Infamous, Yakuza, Spider-Man, and a pretty large amount of other Playstation exclusives... then get a PS4.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
even a budget pc beats consols shit out from ass, free online, mods, cheaper games, emulators, office works, video editing....

Get pc mustard race!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2