ps4 not diaplaying home screen apps correctly

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! I have not double checked yet. In db browser for sqlite, i opened the app.db file which i copied from the ps4. i set them all to one. It should be: if the value is " zero " in the can remove column then the game cannot be removed, if set to " one " then the game can be removed.
All i did was just checked on the ps4 in the options menu and the delete option is gone again, after i had set the values to one. also the ps4 is reporting the wrong size for the games, games which should be 40 gig is being reported as 150 gig, so i'm suspecting that there may be something wrong with the ps4, a deeper issue with something else other than the database problem.
Size is in the app.db as well. I think it's listed in terms of KB. You could check it, but it won't change what it says. Do a database rebuild, then check if it still shows the wrong size.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to post the app.db file for you or anyone else to have a look at, it will save a lot of time if changes can be made to the file rather than copying and re-installing all of those games. I mean, if i copy all the games onto my pc, then reinstall them back onto the ps4, all i am doing is taking the games out of the user folder, then putting them back into the user folder, it may not address the actual problem with the app.db file, why it is behaving like this.
Thanks !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have a look at it, but I don't know what every cell means. I know which cells relate to your issues though.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I've copied the app.db file from the ps4 to my pc, how do i upload it for you to have alook at.

Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send it to me in a dm. My computer may be back in action today. I installed a 1tb m2 ssd, and right now I'm trying to get acronis true image to work.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Send it to me in a dm. My computer may be back in action today. I installed a 1tb m2 ssd, and right now I'm trying to get acronis true image to work.

Thanks!

Sorry, not familiar with this website, how do i send the app.db file. It won't accept it under media or video attachment

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, did the app.db come through. I dragged it onto the typing area and it said " moving ".
Thanks

Attachments

• app.zip
    293 bytes · Views: 34

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seond time luck

Second time lucky
seems you have four users, and several of them have a 0 with canRemove for multiple games. also, the size looks off, so that may be why you have inaccurate sizes. some seem abnormally high. you can correct the canRemove, but as far as the sizes, that may be difficult to get them exactly the way you want.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Do you know why the ps4 is not showing the last used game on the home screen. It used to, now it shows the same games all the time.
So nothing can be done about the sizes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out what's wrong with last loaded app. it's related to sortpriority. several of yours have a 0, when they should be 100.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I figured out what's wrong with last loaded app. it's related to sortpriority. several of yours have a 0, when they should be 100.
Thanks!
In the app.db files there are a whole load of apps that are set in the " visible " column, to be invisible, so that they cannot be seen
there is spotify, usb music player, media player, something called destiny, playstation vue, share factory, and more
Do you know why that is, why are these delibertatly being hidden? Can i set them to visible and use them?
Many thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I'm not sure. messing with visibility is known to make the browser unstable, at least making things that are supposed to be visible invisible. this is also true of sortpriority.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that I'm not sure. messing with visibility is known to make the browser unstable, at least making things that are supposed to be visible invisible. this is also true of sortpriority.

Thanks!
Have done a search but cannot find out why sony have installed all of these apps, then hidden them so no one can use them. Seems strange.
The only thing i can think of is that sony has dropped support for some of the apps. The playstation vue tv streaming service has been shut down as it was too expensive, some of the other apps have bug and instability reports coming in. Spotify, the movie player and usb port music player seem to be useful, maybe sony is giving up on these for some other reason. Maybe they are expensive to rum, or maybe they is some contracual obligation problems

Last edited by John11,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
Have done a search but cannot find out why sony have installed all of these apps, then hidden them so no one can use them. Seems strange.
The only thing i can think of is that sony has dropped support for some of the apps. The playstation vue tv streaming service has been shut down as it was too expensive, some of the other apps have bug and instability reports coming in. Spotify, the movie player and usb port music player seem to be useful, maybe sony is giving up on these for some other reason. Maybe they are expensive to rum, or maybe they is some contracual obligation problems
generally speaking, sony has been known to keep old code in their software, opting instead to disable it with a few lines of additional code. I guess it's just easier than removing it from multiple things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all