Hacking PS4 Mounting a hard drive with PKG files

PaulMcP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi Folks

brand new member here, so please go gentle and forgive my lack of technical expertise :)

I have a PS4 with a 1tb internal drive filled with fPKG files . I was looking to add an extenal 2tb drive with fPKG files.

The drive has been formatted to EXFAT...but I can't get it to play on my jailbroken ps4? I followed the generic instructions...ie#launch HEN 2.1.3, debug, game, pkg install etc...but still cant see my drive? Tried reformatting, tried different drives...stlll not recognising it. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. All the youtube videos make it seem easy....yeah just download the torrent fPKG files, transfer to the exfat USB, plusg in run HEN, debug , game, install PKG etc...

I've tried everything...genuinely lost now....

An idiots step by step guide would be appreciated.:shy::shy::shy:

PaulMcP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as stated above the drive is not being recognised. I'm totally stumped. Tried formatting the drive via the PS4 but then when I plugge dit into windows...wondows didnt recognise it for me to put the fPKG files onto it ....arrgghhh

ps thanks for the replies.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where did you put these fpkg files? they must be on root of the drive, not in some folders.
theyre in the root.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as stated above the drive is not being recognised. I'm totally stumped. Tried formatting the drive via the PS4 but then when I plugge dit into windows...wondows didnt recognise it for me to put the fPKG files onto it ....arrgghhh

ps thanks for the replies.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

theyre in the root.

You need to use 2 drives with extended storage. One as extended storage and the other drive needs to be exfat (gpt if 2tb or larger). you essentially install one drive's pkgs to the other. afaik, you can't use the same drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.