PS4 6.72 Jailbreak

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I've heard conflicting information. I think the ps4 uses race attacks like the early wii u ones. that's why it fails sometimes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it has to flush the code into memory quickly or it fails. that's what a race attack does. there were suggestions on the wii u of how to make it run more efficiently iirc, like closing and opening the curtain and whatnot. similar suggestions exist on the ps4, but I think it's coincidental most of the time. it's very console specific. there may be a lot of factors at play tbh, but no one knows really.

AmgedIsmail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yes, it has to flush the code into memory quickly or it fails. that's what a race attack does. there were suggestions on the wii u of how to make it run more efficiently iirc, like closing and opening the curtain and whatnot. similar suggestions exist on the ps4, but I think it's coincidental most of the time. it's very console specific. there may be a lot of factors at play tbh, but no one knows really.
But if it fails to flush the code into the memory, does that mean the memory or cache is full?
But I heard that when I unplug the AC from the PS4, the cache is cleared so there should be enough memory for the jailbreak to work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it just means that it didn't inject the code in time. that's why they call it a race attack I think. you just have to accept that ps4 exploits are unstable. it's even somewhat unstable on 5.05, which is what I'm on. I've had kernel panics, even ones a few moments after the exploit went through. usually, the exploit runs well after that brief moment. I've never had a kp installing pkgs or running a game, but I have had them coming back from rest mode. and, remember, this is on the golden firmware on 5.05. you can't expect it to run the best.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Then can I keep it on rest mode and then unplug the AC cable as I normally do because I keep my PS4 in the box after using it.
And does keeping it in Rest Mode has side effects on the PS4?
Nope, the ps4 has to be plugged to ac power all the time on Rest mode.

When your PS4™ system is in rest mode, it keeps operating, but at a lower power consumption. You can set the system to download files and charge a controller while it's in rest mode. You can put your PS4™ system in rest mode using any of these methods.

jackfavvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kernel panics can still happen:
After the message "success" message
While injecting any of the payloads after
While installing a fake package in Debug
When launching the game
Even in the middle of playing the game after some time

Long story short, it can still Kernel panic any time after that successful message. Take it with a grain of salt instead.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know having a ps4 that a play quite regularly on 7.55 with the most simultaneous games installed in the world 7.55 is really not that bad:

i remember being on 6.72 and people would rag on me quite a bit. i had a tough time initially but 6.72 did get quite nice. things i learned (and my viewers learned) while mira does work well normally it did not work well once my collection got larger. whereas with gold hen my ps4 got faster or snappier. Now in terms of vr that gets really tricky on 6.72. depending on your hen it might not work at all (reading above you should now know not to ahem use mira). or with some hen you must power on the psvr FIRST then exploit. May i recommend using leeful psphive menu on 6.72 from my extensive time testing on 6.72.

all in all from my research (since i actually cough play videogames) it is obvious to me 7.55 is pretty sweet actually. now that i got linux going (did you hear i brought psnow to jailbreak via linux?). in terms of psvr it uh just works. i don’t need to run a certain hen or leave it turned on before exploiting blah blah. also another important thing to note is sometimes backports break hdr. Known examples dirt 4 tony hawk creature under the well. nba2k i forget the one latest one. Knowledge is power. leave voodoo to priests. astually test your ish….

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"