OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not my fault, was told it was real
closedeyes.gif

all I have to do it update the pictures and might need to change the testing of the device but thats about it

the game testing section section is fine as its just using backup manager 1.0 which every jailbreak device uses clone or not

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
not my fault, was told it was real
closedeyes.gif

all I have to do it update the pictures and might need to change the testing of the device but thats about it

the game testing section section is fine as its just using backup manager 1.0 which every jailbreak device uses clone or not

I wasn't directing my post towards you. I was rolling my eyes over them sending you another product. You had no clue. It certainly isn't your fault. I'll be watching for your new review. Thanks!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
tonybologna said:
Joe88 said:
Ive have been contacted by a team member of pegaxy (the makers and team behind WiiKey, DriveKey, PS3Key) and informed me the PS3Key is clone of their actual device.
They will be sending me a real one to review
The original supplier lied to zhuzhuchina and told him they were real chips from WiiKey.

Anyway I will be receiving a real one and will update the review, for now you might to avoid this fake clone

So, your initial review was from a fake PS3Key dongle?
rolleyes.gif
they're all clones of the original psjailbreak dongle anyway so what does it matter?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
tonybologna said:
Joe88 said:
Ive have been contacted by a team member of pegaxy (the makers and team behind WiiKey, DriveKey, PS3Key) and informed me the PS3Key is clone of their actual device.
They will be sending me a real one to review
The original supplier lied to zhuzhuchina and told him they were real chips from WiiKey.

Anyway I will be receiving a real one and will update the review, for now you might to avoid this fake clone

So, your initial review was from a fake PS3Key dongle?
rolleyes.gif
they're all clones of the original psjailbreak dongle anyway so what does it matter?

What are you talking about? This is a review of a specific product. It certainly does matter when it comes to reviews. These clones might all be in the same category but this is reviews we're talking about here. It matters!
blink.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
tonybologna said:
What are you talking about? This is a review of a specific product. It certainly does matter when it comes to reviews. These clones might all be in the same category but this is reviews we're talking about here. It matters!
blink.gif
software, it matters, *different* hardware, it matters

when all the device does is 100% the same as that of all other similar devices and compatibility is reliant on accompanying software then it becomes as pointless distinguishing this from others as does distinguishing one pandora battery from another...

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
tonybologna said:
blink.gif
software, it matters, *different* hardware, it matters

when all the device does is 100% the same as that of all other similar devices and compatibility is reliant on accompanying software then it becomes as pointless distinguishing this from others as does distinguishing one pandora battery from another...

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. This is a review to help people determine what device they want to buy. Some are upgradeable while others aren't. It's important for reviews to show accurate information to distinguish from other similar devices. This is the case here.

I agree that we have all these clones being in the same class but it's the review that's key to determining which route to go. You want to know the key features that might set one apart from another. This is why a review is a great thing to use for choosing the proper device for this hack.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In defence of zhuzhuchina they no longer show the item as a PS3Key, the review is attached to a product called PS3 Dongle Jailbreak on their website now.
Anyway I also think so long as its updateable the point becomes moot as to whether it is a clone or not as essentially it becomes a commodity hence the price drop already from original pricing points.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
hello i msged wiikey team, they answered me that because there is not the serial number so this is a clone, but my china supplier told me that serial numbers are avaible and tomorrow i will know more info about. i asked if from the ic & board photo is really a clone or not and still this question is not answered so actually wait before writing final words .

I copy part of wiikey team answered to me but they talk only about serial numbers only:
"The real PS3Key looks exactly the same as the one on the homepage as http://www.ps3key.com except it does not have a logo. The real PS3Key does not have a logo for legal reasons. However, each genuine PS3Key comes with a serial number. We are in the process of adding a serial number checking system to our website so that people can check whether or not they have a clone. "

update: they guy confirmed that photo is fake, but as i can understand the problem is the lack of serial number issue. i hope joe88 receive the real one soon so we can compare the 2 board layout too. but probably they use the same amtel chip. the pic chip cannot stay inside this soo small usb pen.

if is real this clone version ( that is now sold on all asia ) I give my apologies to this problem . Maybe we can change the title later to " how to distinguish real and clone ps3key"

vildzek

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I want to know HOW to make a difference between clone to clone and genuine one. I want the real Ps3key, with ATMEL not PIC. We want side by side pictures like in Ps3break review, thanksssss.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been contacted again and they said they will ship out the real one, in the mean time, we sit back and wait...

edit: they seem to have sent 3 of them
not sure why
unsure.gif
I was only expecting 1

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in other news, I tested 3D Dot Game Heros (a JB release game from online), not backed up from original disc onto my hdd
plopped it on my 4GB kingston flash drive and worked fine with BM, was playing it with no noticeable problems

also the PS3Key website has just put up their anti-clone checker
you must type in the serial and character string located on the device to verify it, you wont be given access to the downloads sections if you dont

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I cant get access to that section right now since you need a serial + string verification to make sure your PS3Key is real

windrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my PS3key today, and was able to do just like your tutorial.

Mine is authentic and I validated it on the ps3key.com website.

I don't think you will need to change anything in your tutorial once you get your Original PS3key

But I think you did a great review Joe88.
nayps3.gif

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the real PS3Key samples today

in process of updating the review and adding a clone section to tell them apart, I tested it and it works fine and registered it on the ps3key site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill