Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really like videos for this type of things but this one seems ok, you should just add a link to a compatibility list depending on the PS3 model and refer to slim/ultra slim instead of "sliding top model", especially since some slim models are not hackable. You can also add a link to the PSX-Place forum for PS3XPloit and for HEN for users with incompatible PS3

Reactions: Hmed and zfreeman

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dusted off my PS3 and hooked it up yesterday to find that I'm on CFW 4.81. Can I follow this guide to update it to a newer release?

Reactions: Hmed

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dusted off my PS3 and hooked it up yesterday to find that I'm on CFW 4.81. Can I follow this guide to update it to a newer release?

You don't need to follow the guide to update since you're already on CFW. Download Evilnat's CFW and install it the same way as you would install any update: put the downloaded CFW on a usb drive with the path
Code:
/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

It will just work like that, nothing more to do

Last edited by Eveldee,

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at this and it got me intrigued to update my PS3. It is already on CFW but the CFW is 4.5. Do I need to load another CFW inbetween evilnats version in your video or can i use that pup directly from 4.5? thanks for your help. havent played my ps3 in about 9 years and looking forward to seeing what updates they have for homebrew

Reactions: Hmed

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at this and it got me intrigued to update my PS3. It is already on CFW but the CFW is 4.5. Do I need to load another CFW inbetween evilnats version in your video or can i use that pup directly from 4.5? thanks for your help. havent played my ps3 in about 9 years and looking forward to seeing what updates they have for homebrew
Directly, can even install 4.88 cfw from 1.00 ofw.

Reactions: Eveldee

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to follow the guide to update since you're already on CFW. Download Evilnat's CFW and install it the same way as you would install any update (Put the downloaded CFW on a usb drive with the path
Code:
/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

It will just work like that, nothing more to do
Thank you! I like when things are nice and easy. I appreciate the advice and link.

Reactions: Eveldee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo