PS3 Turning On Problem!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by stanokaka, Sep 17, 2010.

Sep 17, 2010

PS3 Turning On Problem! by stanokaka at 6:51 PM (746 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. stanokaka
    OP

Newcomer stanokaka Newbie

United Kingdom
    So my friend give me his PS3 to fix, when i first plugged it in and pressed the power button, it went to green light, then yellow, then red. so i opened it all open, done what gilsky1 done, except i used a hairdryer. I then put it all back together, and the yellow light was still there, so i done the hairdryer and fan trick, and the yellow light went, but when i press the power button it goes on the green light, stays on it for 2 seconds then switches off then the red light dosent show up?
    Whats wrong?

2. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Well I'm Guessing you already know, that you had the YLOD, I've also had this problem, but wasn't able myself to get it fixed, i ended up sending it to Sony getting a re-manufactured one . I spent about US$150 with them. little pricey, But i still prefer my old Launch Ps3

Seeing that you've already tried to fix this yourself, And this new problem didn't start until you tempered with the system. I'm guessing that you have bridged a connection on mobo.

3. stanokaka
    OP

Newcomer stanokaka Newbie

United Kingdom
    So isn't this problem repairable?