PS1/2 PS3 Still worth getting ?

Myre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad it's not available in Europe and all the talk about it's difficulty doesn't make me want import it that badly and i'm not quite sure if the PS3 (Slim if that matters) is region free.

But i made a little list of games i'm wanting to get atm.

FFXIII,
Uncharted 2, not sure if you need the prequel ?
Bioshock 2, loved part one.
LittleBigPlanet, fun and friends.
R&C A crack in time, prequels not needed i think.
InFamous

I'll slowly buy these within the coming 2-3 months then i'll have quite some games to complete. I'll just add anything interesting to the list and base purchases on my most wanted level. It's just kinda hard to pick up all the good games from a 2-3 years library you've never shown interest in before.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Myre said:
Too bad it's not available in Europe and all the talk about it's difficulty doesn't make me want import it that badly and i'm not quite sure if the PS3 (Slim if that matters) is region free.

FFXIII,
InFamous

I'll slowly buy these within the coming 2-3 months then i'll have quite some games to complete. I'll just add anything interesting to the list and base purchases on my most wanted level. It's just kinda hard to pick up all the good games from a 2-3 years library you've never shown interest in before.

Jesus Christ....

1. Every PS3 is region free.

2. You can import the asian version, and it has everything in English. The only difference is that you can't play with North Americans.

And Uncharted 1 is overrated as hell, but worth a rent. R&C would be a better if you play Tools of Destruction since it's a direct sequel that takes place right after the first game.

Lastly, inFAMOUS was a repetitive as fuck game that's definitely not worth buying. Again, worth a rent at best.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Myre said:

Nope ..... I got that game bundled with my Slim 250gb and it does not need the first game to play
smile.gif

Other notable games to play on PS3 are ...

Tekken 6 (pretty cool game that still holds well in the beat-em-up category)

LBP (previously mentioned)

Burnout Paradise (fairly old game now but still got a lot of game play in it with multiplayer)

The up comming God Of War 3 is one to look out for (March release afaik) the demo was pretty damn good!

Brutal Legend (Just because it has that Jack Black input! admittedly not the worlds best game but hey still good)

A few other games worthy of a play ...Batman Arkum Asylum, Pain, GT5 Prologue (for those that cannot wait for the real GT5 to come out later this year)

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Myre said:

FFXIII,
InFamous

i want all those too, although i have InFamous, not much to do besides main missions imo

you have to get burnout paradise and batman arkham asylum i love them both highly recomended
anyone know if Demon Souls will come to Australia? im still looking for a decent RPG

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd save InFamous for a rental personally, the rest of your list is pretty solid. Uncharted 1 isn't required to enjoy the sequel. I currently own these, favorites in bold.

Borderlands (This would be bolded if the multiplayer matchmaking was worth shit. As it stands, it's too laggy/annoying to recommend. And the players met don't work. Find a cool teammate online? Tough shit if you didn't memorize his PSN ID.)
InFamous (Fun game, def worth a rental, but not enough to keep you coming back.)
Killzone 2 (Hard to get into the multiplayer, and the campaign leaves a little to be desired. Great graphics though.)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (great game, but too short and multiplayer is buggy and standard fare if you've played WaW or MW)
Critter Crunch
Dragon Age: Origins
Pixeljunk Eden
Pixeljunk Monsters
Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction
Ratchet And Clank: Quest For Booty
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Tekken 6 (enjoyed 5 a liiittle better)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Valkyria Chronicles

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted from Nintendo to Sony as well, and let me tell you that it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NoSmokingBandit said:
Yes, but its still underhyped. Rarely does anyone talk about how great it is, even though everyone who has played it loves it.

I didn't love it. It was good and offered something new, but it was nothing exceptional.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Tropicana said:
NoSmokingBandit said:
Yes, but its still underhyped. Rarely does anyone talk about how great it is, even though everyone who has played it loves it.

I didn't love it. It was good and offered something new, but it was nothing exceptional.
And i'm guessing your 360 was
dry.gif
they're talking about Valkyria Chronicles in these few posts, not PS3

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
luke_c said:
Tropicana said:
NoSmokingBandit said:

And i'm guessing your 360 was
dry.gif

What the fuck does that even mean?

I don't even have a 360. If I did, I would cringe, sell it and buy a PS3 over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Sup