OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Playstation 1, 2, and soon (next week) a replacement (check signature) 3. To0day, I got bored, and decided to play on my PS2. I was thinking about Controller Mod Prices, and then the PS1. I remembered the PS1 controllers with the 'Turbo' Feature. The Turbo feature is basically a slower version of rapid fire, Programmable to any button on the Controller (X,O,Triangle, Square, R1, R2, L1, L2(not tested with L3 and R3)). I tried my PS1 Controller with my PS2 game and it didn't work I have a couple of PS1 'turbo' fire enabled controllers, so I tried each one. Only one of them worked on the PS2, so I enabled the 'Turbo Fire', and it also worked. Its a bit slow on some guns, but it works. This controller has all the Functions of a PS3 controller (except the PS button and I think Vibration). My PS3 will come like next week, and I was thinking to but the PS1/2 to USB adapter for my PS3, to enable the use of PS1/2 controllers on my PS3. My Controller has all the buttons needed in game play, and works on PS2. Will the PS1 controller work on the PS3 with Turbofire enabled? It can help in some offline 1 player storymode games, and would probably kill the whole use of online (since I don't like to cheat in online games, just proves you have no skills in you). Will this work? Here's a Pic of the Adapter that turns a PS2 Controller into a USB one for PS3:
41ZafCdMHrL._AA300_.jpg

*NOTE:* I do not Own this Image

I do not want to buy an adapter that I will not use. It doesn't say if this adapter works with PS1 controllers too, but I assume it does. If this does work, it can save about $50 - $100 on rapid fire controllers premodded or even modded by you (which is a risk). What do YOU think?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
I have a Playstation 1, 2, and soon (next week) a replacement (check signature) 3. To0day, I got bored, and decided to play on my PS2. I was thinking about Controller Mod Prices, and then the PS1. I remembered the PS1 controllers with the 'Turbo' Feature. The Turbo feature is basically a slower version of rapid fire, Programmable to any button on the Controller (X,O,Triangle, Square, R1, R2, L1, L2(not tested with L3 and R3)). I tried my PS1 Controller with my PS2 game and it didn't work I have a couple of PS1 'turbo' fire enabled controllers, so I tried each one. Only one of them worked on the PS2, so I enabled the 'Turbo Fire', and it also worked. Its a bit slow on some guns, but it works. This controller has all the Functions of a PS3 controller (except the PS button and I think Vibration). My PS3 will come like next week, and I was thinking to but the PS1/2 to USB adapter for my PS3, to enable the use of PS1/2 controllers on my PS3. My Controller has all the buttons needed in game play, and works on PS2. Will the PS1 controller work on the PS3 with Turbofire enabled? It can help in some offline 1 player storymode games, and would probably kill the whole use of online (since I don't like to cheat in online games, just proves you have no skills in you). Will this work? Here's a Pic of the Adapter that turns a PS2 Controller into a USB one for PS3:
41ZafCdMHrL._AA300_.jpg

I do not want to buy an adapter that I will not use. It doesn't say if this adapter works with PS1 controllers too, but I assume it does. If this does work, it can save about $50 - $100 on rapid fire controllers premodded or even modded by you (which is a risk). What do YOU think?
i dont know if a duel shock controller will work with ps3 games you may need a turbofire duelshock controller. the controller didnt work in the ps2 cuse it was made specifically for ps1(no analog sticks) it dont matter if the game dont use anlog but a ps2 game needs a controller with analog sticks

as for the adaptor itll work with ps1 controllers as well

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
pokefreak2008 said:
idulkoan said:
41ZafCdMHrL._AA300_.jpg

i dont know if a duel shock controller will work with ps3 games you may need a turbofire duelshock controller. the controller didnt work in the ps2 cuse it was made specifically for ps1(no analog sticks) it don't matter if the game dont use anlog but a ps2 game needs a controller with analog sticks

as for the adaptor itll work with ps1 controllers as well
This Ps1 controller actually HAS analog sticks, so maybe that's why it worked. Knowing that, does the Dualshock make a difference? Since it isn't Dualshock and it worked on PS2, Shoud it make a Difference? When the PS3 came out, the controllers were just Sixaxis, not Dualshock... but they did have the joysticks like this turbofire PS1 controller.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To keep this simple:

When playing PS2 games, I tried to use a PS1 controller once due to being lazy. I got a nice message telling me to plug in a Dualshock 2 controller. I'm sure the same applies to the PS3 but with Dualshock 3. PS3 games are made to use the functions of a Dualshock 3 controller and will just not work otherwise.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is a Pic I found that looks alike to the Controller that I own:
1017302210.jpg

*NOTE* I do NOT Own this Image

The only difference between this controller is the color shade, and the placement of the Turbo and start/Select Buttons. (Company (DREAMGEAR) is the same also)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
As you appear to have ignored my post:

Is your PS1 controller a six-axis dualshock 3? No? Didn't think so. No, it won't work for PS3 games. Ever. I can't even think of a PS3 game that would require the use of turbo. PS1 classics on the PS3, I'm not too sure about. It works differently than it used to, though you may be able to use it for those.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
As you appear to have ignored my post:

Is your PS1 controller a six-axis dualshock 3? No? Didn't think so. No, it won't work for PS3 games. Ever. I can't even think of a PS3 game that would require the use of turbo. PS1 classics on the PS3, I'm not too sure about. It works differently than it used to, though you may be able to use it for those.
Sorry didn't mean to ignore your post, I was making my other post when you posted yours, and I refreshed the page to see if any more posts came, But yours didn't show. I guess I needed to clear my cache and all that.. And my ps2 didn't give me the dualshock error. and also I dont think all games need dualshock 3 functions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-