PS3 mini wont read blue rays...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by gamerjr, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010

PS3 mini wont read blue rays... by gamerjr at 2:12 AM (1,049 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gamerjr
    OP

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was playing mod nation racers and it just stopped loading in the middle of it, so i rebooted and it will play DVD's and PS1 games but no Blue-rays or games, ive tried reformatting and restoring and no luck. I lost my receipt so is there a way to fix it? If repairing it myself is cheaper (and also reliable) please tell me, ive look for a bit but no real luck.

2. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    Your driver must be messed up, the best thing to do is to call Sony

3. gamerjr
    OP

United States
    Well i have the box to ship it right now... i just dont want to pay $99 to fix it.

4. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    ...thats kind of a common thing for ... well every laser based reader device

chances are that theres just a little dust on the lense, making it unable to read the fine lines of a blueray, but still the comparably far appart lines of a dvd or cd

get some duster spray (canned air) and look for one that wont start to drip white liquid the second you start blowing air

hope that fixes it...

5. gamerjr
    OP

United States
    I thought they were 2 separate lenses. And also it makes a loud noise (i think its the lens moving or something) whenever i try to put in a game.

6. BiPoLaR

Member BiPoLaR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a similar problem with my older ps3 (MGS4 edition). Plays DVD, all games including ps3 bluray games, but won't play bluray movies. acts like its about to load the movie then nothing but green. I've tried restoring settings, but still nothing.