PS3 jailbreak PSN

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lzyslckr, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011

PS3 jailbreak PSN by lzyslckr at 8:20 PM (1,401 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. lzyslckr
    OP

Newcomer lzyslckr Advanced Member

United States
    If I have jailbroken ps3 will I be able to play on psn if I have the original game?

2. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    Your talking about Custom Firmware or the Jailbreak dongles?

Both of them are not safe to go on PSN but I use the former and I go online each time with my PS3 and yet to get banned(I don't use cheats)

3. lzyslckr
    OP

Newcomer lzyslckr Advanced Member

United States
    I just bought a jailbroken PS3 so i would say dongles. So even if i bought the game i can't go online for risk of being banned. Is there anyway i could take off the jailbroke status to play online and put back on for later ?

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Assuming you are using the dongle you will be on 3.41 (Right?) which in that case you won't be able to access PSN anyway. As soon as you turn on the console when it is jailbroke there is a chance Sony already know about it. You can update to official firmware and play online (for now).

5. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    I am not too sure if the DNS trick works all the way back on 3.41 but if you happen to be on 3.55, the DNS trick should work. Just change the DNS to; "67.202.81.137"
    and this should grant you access to PSN. However, like I said, I am not too sure if you are guaranteed a ban even if you play legit games online.