PS3 Hacker Has To Give Up His Computers

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Raiser, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2011
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    [​IMG]

Sony is taking famed hacker George Hotz to court, claiming his contribution to jailbreaking the PS3 is breaking the law. As part of that case, the court gets access to all his computers.

Yes, as part of the case, Sony has been granted a temporary restraining order, which is common in situations like this. It's intended to basically freeze everything in place from the time of the allegation, so not only does Hotz have to take down all links to his PS3 work from his sites and cease working further on the effort, he has to hand all his gear in, everything from USB sticks to discs to entire workstations.

Seeing as his work is already popping up on mirror sites all over the internet, it makes you wonder why Sony even bothers, particularly given his "cult hero" status among the only people who will ever know this court case went down.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Count about five topics down, and you'll find a topic with a better title, and an already established discussion. Though this does have more meat. I like this one better.

3. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Okay. So he needs to take some microstuffs and kill all his crap, and make it look accidental. That'd be bad, though

4. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Ah I thought the topic didn't have any specifics released (didn't check the PDF documents).
    If you feel like this needs to be locked, go ahead and request it. My bad.

5. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    He started a revolution in PS3 Hacking they may have taken down the leader but it's a sacrifice which has caused hackers worldwide to do there bit in hacking the Ps3.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.