jorge123esp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone.

I'm having some troubles with loading backups in my PS3 via USB. My external HDD (Seagate Backup Plus Hub 4TB) is not recognised by my PS3. Neither with Iris Manager, nor Multiman, nor Webman.

I created a 100GB FAT32 partition, where there are all backups, and it doesn't recognise any game. Why? Is the external HDD the problem? I just don't know. I also tried with plugging the HDD into the 2 USB ports and nothing happens.

I also tested with no partitions (in NTFS), and the same result: nothing :S

Attachments

• ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.02.22).png
    ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.02.22).png
    4.9 KB · Views: 489
  • ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.02.51).png
    ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.02.51).png
    5.2 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by jorge123esp,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are doing wrong. Take a look at this video very carefully. You must rename them like BLESXXXXX or BLUSXXXXX.

Look at this video:

jorge123esp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You are doing wrong. Take a look at this video very carefully. You must rename them like BLESXXXXX or BLUSXXXXX.

Look at this video:

I followed your video, and, again, nothing happens. Multiman nor Webman don't recognise my HDD. What am I doing wrong now? I refresh the game list and no game from the external HDD appears. I switch from the 2 USB ports and same. Probably the problem is the external HDD, I'm not sure :S

EDIT: PS3 says "An unknown USB device has been connected", but the partition is in FAT32. Is rare. Very rare.

Attachments

• ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.23.05).png
    ss+(2019-01-04+at+05.23.05).png
    5.4 KB · Views: 352

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed your video, and, again, nothing happens. Multiman nor Webman don't recognise my HDD. What am I doing wrong now? I refresh the game list and no game from the external HDD appears. I switch from the 2 USB ports and same. Probably the problem is the external HDD, I'm not sure :S

EDIT: PS3 says "An unknown USB device has been connected", but the partition is in FAT32. Is rare. Very rare.

Hi. First of all. This is not my video. It was from someone else. And 2nd, I know why. I had the same experienced before.

Your external hard drive might not have MBR which PS3/PS4 required to read it. Works for me.

First backup your games to your PC then do this:

Go to Command Prompt

Type:

DiskPart

Then do this:

lis dis

Next is:

select disk {number}

Next is:

clean

Next is:

convert mbr

Next is:

cre par pri

for fs=fat32 quick

Until it is finishes then get your games back to your external hard drive and try again.

Reactions: jorge123esp

jorge123esp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. First of all. This is not my video. It was from someone else. And 2nd, I know why. I had the same experienced before.

Your external hard drive might not have MBR which PS3/PS4 required to read it. Works for me.

First backup your games to your PC then do this:

Go to Command Prompt

Type:

DiskPart

Then do this:

lis dis

Next is:

select disk {number}

Next is:

clean

Next is:

convert mbr

Next is:

cre par pri

for fs=fat32 quick

Until it is finishes then get your games back to your external hard drive and try again.

I think my external HDD is just not compatible with my PS3. I tried with a 8GB Philips pendrive and it works properly. Maybe I just have to format the entire HDD instead of doing a FAT32 partition, I'm not sure. I will try it again in the future, when I buy another external HDD.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: With "lis dis", it does not recognise the second partition.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my external HDD is just not compatible with my PS3. I tried with a 8GB Philips pendrive and it works properly. Maybe I just have to format the entire HDD instead of doing a FAT32 partition, I'm not sure. I will try it again in the future, when I buy another external HDD.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: With "lis dis", it does not recognise the second partition.

No, your external hard drive occurred doesn't have MBR and your Philips pen drive happened to have MBR.. Try other way like this:

https://www.disk-partition.com/gpt-...r-without-data-loss-using-command-prompt.html

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: jorge123esp

jorge123esp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat