Gaming PS3 defeats the hacker

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose if you have not heard, you will soon.

The hacker quit. PS3 wins.

Oh well, so you can't pirate PS3 games. Chances are the few titles you'd like won't be a trauma if you have to buy them used.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The real best part about this?
When a terrible game on the ps3 fails it can't be blamed on the pirate. "Blame it on piracy" has been the videogame scapegoat for way way too fucking long.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you talking about GeoHot or what?
rofl2.gif

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neveras said:
The real best part about this?
When a terrible game on the ps3 fails it can't be blamed on the pirate. "Blame it on piracy" has been the videogame scapegoat for way way too fucking long.

Yes. ^^

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Call me strange, but I actually like to buy my PS3 games, I wouldn't want my system hacked.

Yup, I agree. The reasons why I dont want the ps3 to be hacked is because many people will be cheating online which will be very irritating. It also will take forever to download a ps3 game considering how big they are
tongue.gif

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just that PS3 games are soooo expensive when new...
I really wished it was hacked
ohnoes.png

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kaz_abdin said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Call me strange, but I actually like to buy my PS3 games, I wouldn't want my system hacked.

Yup, I agree. The reasons why I dont want the ps3 to be hacked is because many people will be cheating online which will be very irritating. It also will take forever to download a ps3 game considering how big they are
tongue.gif
PS3 games aren't much different in size than Xbox games so size isn't a problem, but unless a usb loader was made you would then have to buy a Blu-Ray discs and a Blu-Ray burner to play the games.

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Geohot didn't say anything about stepping down from the PS3.

Geohot has stepped down from PS3 and Iphone. But according to reports has passed all info on PS3 on to another hacker and some sort of hack may be released by September.... Wait and seee

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not like Geohot ever released something for the PS3. I wouldn't take everything he said as pure gold.

And seeing all those iPhone hackers out there (btw, I'm not trying to diminish their skill, they're quite gifted fellas) and how few PS3 hacking attempts there have been, I'm pretty certain that PS3 and iPhone are on a total different league, in terms of internal security.

So, he might have been able to crack an iPhone, but that doesn't automatically makes him the "god" of haxx0ring.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it was more like ungrateful people defeat the hacker.

QUOTE said:
“The real reason behind no release isn’t technical,” explained Hotz. He lamented, “It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.”

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
It's not like Geohot ever released something for the PS3. I wouldn't take everything he said as pure gold.

And seeing all those iPhone hackers out there (btw, I'm not trying to diminish their skill, they're quite gifted fellas) and how few PS3 hacking attempts there have been, I'm pretty certain that PS3 and iPhone are on a total different league, in terms of internal security.

So, he might have been able to crack an iPhone, but that doesn't automatically makes him the "god" of haxx0ring.
It's more that far less people give a shit about the PS3.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Urza said:
raulpica said:

It's more that far less people give a shit about the PS3.
Oh yeah, that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: