Hacking PS3 Advice

KryPtAlIvIaN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare PS3 I want to install exploits on. It hasn't been updated in years, but I know its above 3.55, so my options are limited. I haven't been keeping up on the scene in ages, but have a few days off and thought this would be a good project to dip my toes in.

Reseach shows that an exploit was announced on 4.82 if I'm not mistaken, but you need a phat or 1xxxxx slim to take advantage of this. Mine is a 2xxxx or 3xxxxx slim, which limits my options. I'm not sure what direction to go in with this new 4.82 and 4.84 exploit that was just released. I want to rip/play games and install homebrew like retroarch.

Thank you in advance for your time!

KryPtAlIvIaN

Last edited by KryPtAlIvIaN,

giogio5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The 2xxxs are compatible, and some (I believe most?) 25xxs are compatible with CFW, 3xxx is the one that isn't. So find out which it is, if it's a 25xx use minverchk to see if it's above 3.55. Who knows you might be lucky.

giogio5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The 2xxxs are compatible, and some (I believe most?) 25xxs are compatible with CFW, 3xxx is the one that isn't. So find out which it is, if it's a 25xx use minverchk to see if it's above 3.55. Who knows you might be lucky.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whether you use PS3Xploit on 4.82 or the 4.84&82 hybrid doesn't change your options, which are HAN (on any console) or Flash Writer > CFW (for non-metldr2 consoles, vulgarly called "downgradable to 3.55")

(actually, there's no flash writer for 4.84 yet, but it's in the works, and the same result can be achieved with a hardware programmer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: