PS3 2xxxA CEX/DEX - Confusion

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by HitchensRIP, May 9, 2017.

1. HitchensRIP
    OP

HitchensRIP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta
    This morning finally I received my PS3 3.55 - 2000-A CEX

Ive installed Rebug 4.81.2 – Cobra 7.5 – Toolbox 2.02.12 –

Ive made the console DEX following some YT tutorial (not really sure as the Why i needed to do that but I still did it)

Now,I managed to get 1 backup of each platform to work, but not always. I don't really know what I'm doing when I get the game from Multiman to mount (??) correctly and then showing up on XMB

Im sooooo confused and everything out there is confusing too

Ive been at it for the past 4h and Im a bit tired. Sorry if any of this makes no sense but I hope somebody understands what I am saying.

i.e. I seem to gather that when the Multiman Icon is showing "multiMAN" is when I get the games to load correctly but when it shows as "multiMAN (DEX)" is when I click X on the game within multiMAN, the system switches to XMB and nothing happens, no golden disc to click on...

Gah, I don't even know how to explain myself...Hope someone can shed some light

2. HitchensRIP
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta
    Fun facts I think I've gathered:

- when selecting a game within multiMAN (DEX), the game does not mount correctly onto XMB to then be launched
    - I am not sure how to switch between multiMAN and multiMAN (DEX)
    - Trying to launch PS2 games via webMAN and ps2 Classic Launcher does not work for me
    - PS2 ISOs do not need to be converted to PS2 classic format if in multiMAN, but when in multiMAN (DEX) it asks me to
    - PS2 and PS3 titles seem to mount from multiMAN, system sends me to XMB where then I can launch the game (golden disc icon)
    - PSX games simply boots from within multiMAN

Soooo confusing :/

3. HitchensRIP
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Malta
    Ok Nevermind - it seems I kinda figured it out

Cobra mode is my friend

Im still not sure as to why in the beginning of the process I converted to DEX but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for your help anyways

4. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    I would just run REBUG CFW if you just want games/homebrew.