Ps2 Usb-HDD

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by SaintFaction, Sep 13, 2008.

Sep 13, 2008

Ps2 Usb-HDD by SaintFaction at 6:54 PM (962 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SaintFaction
    OP

Newcomer SaintFaction Newbie

United States
    So, my uncle got me started on the old swap magic deal on the ps2, but now that my laser has crapped out, that is pretty much no longer an option... Anyways, I was looking at the memor32 with memento, and it says it can load games from HDD or USB-HDD. Now, my uncle is using the HDLoader/network adapter trick, but that also requires you to load an original ps1 game (at least for him it does). So I was wondering if you could use ImgBurn to get the ISO of the burned game and move it to a USB-HDD, or do you have to use the original disk (because I have a ton of burned games, and I would much rather do all the work at my house than go all the way to my uncle's house to get the ISO's). I would appreciate any info on this ordeal...

2. GN-001 Exia

Banned GN-001 Exia Banned

United States
    Stay away from the USB HDD option. It lags when the game enters an FMV or sorts.

IIRC you could mount the ISO on to a virtual drive and have a program rip it into the HDD via PC OS.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    programs will just transfer the ISO to the ps2 hard drive that is hooked up to it but it only works for HD Loader

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States