PS1/2 PS2 Question, need help

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have a modchipped PS2. I bought it off eBay. It worked fine with me for burned games for 8 months. Then, while I was playing Death By Degrees, the game went to the PS2 main menu for no reason and then my PS2 fan went really loud. I got scared and had to pull the plug off the PS2. Now, when I plugged it back and tried to play the game again, it went to the PS2 Browser screen! Literally, most of my burned games wouldn't work with the PS2 no matter how much I tried BUT there were only a few burned games that could read fine on my PS2 (Samurai Champloo, FFXII). So now my PS2 can read all the original games and very few burned games, but I think it's a laser problem. I don't know what kind of laser I have, but my friend has a 400b laser that he can replace for my PS2. Would that laser work?

EDIT: Or, should I clean the laser? Which is better?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Create better burns? If some discs can be read, some others can't, you clearly have bad burns and those are causing lots of stress for the laser. And i don't think that better burns will be sufficient, as your laser definatively got worse.

I think the 400b is only used in the oldest fat ps2s. 400b and 400c are "compatible" and could be replaced by each other, but the 400b is more bulky. So you could replace a 400b by a 400c, but not the other way around.

PS: If you replace the laser, you have to know what you are doing or follow a good guide. Or you end up with 2 ps2s that can't read any discs anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman