PS2 #75001 Not Excepting Soft Mod off USB Stick

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by wingzrow, Nov 24, 2008.

Nov 24, 2008
  1. wingzrow
    OP

Member wingzrow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm trying to install the soft boot onto my memory card for my slim but i'm having some problems. Ive followed the boot guide and decided to boot with swap magic 3.6 but when the swap magic screen boots it freezes and hangs at the load game screen of 3.6 forever. Is this simply because #75001 doesn't usb boot methods?

If this is the case i was thinking of just trying to get a new fat ps2 off ebay.

PS: does the memory card soft mod run ntsc games? Does it run psx backups too?

2. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What's the softmod you're using? In SwapMagic, does it say "Load Program" and "Video Mode"? How did you format your flash drive?
    In any case, I don't think that any soft mod can boot PSX backups. PS2 NTSC, most likely. If you want to boot PSX backups, you'll need a program called psxlauncher.elf (I think that's it). Your luck you have a slim, because that program can only boot on slims and the very last model of a fat PS2.

3. wingzrow
    OP

United States
    I formatted it as fat32, it's the same softmode in this topic

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

"Note: Not all USB Thumb drives/hard drives/storage devices are compatible with the listed software. Also, on SCPH-7500x and newer, Sony has made changes to the USB hardware/software which can cause interoperability of the listed software with the majority if not all of USB storage devices."

This is why i asked if my model is impossible to use for making the boot card. It gets to the load program/ load disc screen but it freezez there. I can't click anything and i can't go past that.

4. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  5. wingzrow
    OP

United States
    Where can i get idget?

6. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its on that site in the "downloads" section. pfft shit man haha.