Hacking PS1 Classics

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I wasn't happy with the Retroarch PS1 emulation... So I bought MGS and transferred it from my PS3 to my Vita. It worked all good. I then decided to install adrenaline and this is where my problems started...

After installing adrenaline using a wipeout demo from my PSP it all seemed ok. I tested running Adrenaline and it worked.

Went to play MGS and got an error code saying I needed to re download it?? Tried to start adrenaline... Said the same I need to redownload it?

Any idea what I've done wrong? I thought rebuilding the database would work and that's deleted MGS bubble, adrenaline bubble and weirdly the PKG Installer bubble too??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like initially it was a license file issue maybe, or something got corrupted (maybe by the Adrenaline install) :unsure:

Try turning the Vita off, removing the memory card, and putting it back in to see if your games come back. If not, try rebuilding the database again and see if that adds them back. If they still aren't there, check in the Content Manager to see if they're still installed. If so, you could probably edit the app.db yourself and add the bubbles back in...but that might be a bit annoying, so I'd simply suggest deleting them from the Content Manager and reinstalling them from your PS3.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
lol now i have. when i saw ps1 Classics and adrenaline thats the 1st thing that came to mind. but that is a odd title to have tho.

anywho.

you didnt or some else didnt update, right?
If he updated, MGS would still work (since it's an official game) and the Wipeout demo would just launch Wipeout, they wouldn't request a re-download.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using Easy Installer. I re did everything from scratch. Did adrenaline first but cloned the bubble this time and used the cloned one for Adrenaline so I had an easy backup. MGS and Adrenaline working fine now. Thanks for the input though guys I'll just put it down to a license error I've backed that up now too.

How do I backup my account details is it ACT.DAT for my activation stuff?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
backup the act.dat, you might need it after a system restore to re-activate the vita if don't have a ps3 around.
the games can be backed up with qcma along with the licenses.

Reactions: Dave_Chad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated