Hacking PS Vita

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I just bought a PS Vita OLED screen and i will try to mod it myself because i dont really know nothing about modding a ps vita but do i need to know anything before i try it? i just want to mod it and play ps vita games maybe psp or gba any tips would be great to help me, such as a guide or a discord sv would be great too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't use a youtube tutorial for most things. they tend to leave things out (didn't watch the video). since you have an oled mode. it's a 1K without internal storage. there was a way to get internal storage, but I'm not sure if it works. you'll need either that or a memory card to get started iirc.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't use a youtube tutorial for most things. they tend to leave things out (didn't watch the video). since you have an oled mode. it's a 1K without internal storage. there was a way to get internal storage, but I'm not sure if it works. you'll need either that or a memory card to get started iirc.
Already got a Micro SD card 8gb ill try to install henkaku now

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to downgrade if you want enso. it's only available on 3.60 and 3.65. it's a full hack. only do so if your system is downgradable to that version. all us and probably europe systems are, but some japanese systems aren't.

Reactions: NeoGranzon and ILeo

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you downgrade? the vita is about as easy to hack as the ps3 thanks to good devs.
I did it done everything, but i have some question which i dont get the answer to it i did all of this with the original sd card from my ps vita (i have a fat ps vita oled screen) but i want to upgrade to a 128gb sd card do i need to copy something or do i just take out the sd card and replace it with the new one?

Last edited by ILeo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can copy everything with vita shell. if you're already using a micro sd card, you can copy everything on the pc. make sure to enable hidden files and os files in folder tools in windows.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can copy everything with vita shell. if you're already using a micro sd card, you can copy everything on the pc. make sure to enable hidden files and os files in folder tools in windows.
This is the sd card i got and i want to replaced with a sd2vita adapter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so if i turn on the vita without the sd card will it work or break?>

Attachments

• 20210918_221311.jpg
    20210918_221311.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 43

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you want to replace an sd2vita with an official memory card?

it won't brick, but it will rebuild the database, which means some things may not appear on the livearea.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you want to replace an sd2vita with an official memory card?

it won't brick, but it will rebuild the database, which means some things may not appear on the livearea.
nope, i installed everyhing with the official sd card and i want to replace it with the adapter will it do something?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will only rebuild the database if the adapter is smaller. it won't brick the system. there's almost no way to perm brick the vita unless you start deleting stuff from the os0 partition. that's the core os.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it will only rebuild the database if the adapter is smaller. it won't brick the system. there's almost no way to perm brick the vita unless you start deleting stuff from the os0 partition. that's the core os.
Oh okay then ill get an adapter and sd card from ebay and will see then, thank you so much for the help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.