Hacking PS Vita Hacking Newbie

Darth_Winkler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

Thank you in advance to ANY and all help with this. It will be a long thread, but I have a bunch of questions and need someone to help me answer them all really.

BASIC QUESTIONS.

1) What is the easiest and most stable / best Homebrew CFW I can use?
2) Can it be used to Hack a 3.73 Vita?
3) When I successfully hack my system, what happens to all the content I had on the system (saved data utility / downloaded PSN games / themes / etc

MORE IN DEPTH QUESTIONS

4) How can I install emulators and roms to play them on my vita once it has a CFW on it?
5) Can I install more non retro games? (PSP ISOs / PS Vita Games [IDK if they are ISOs or maybe a different format])
*I have modded and hacked a PSP, and know how to use that for emulators and all, but I feel the Vita is a much different and complicated system***
6) I already know I will lose all access to the PSN and will not be able to download games from the Shop, or anything like that.... BUT will i still be able to play the games I had on my memory card PRIOR to
the hacking and installing of Custom Firmware? (I have about $200 worth of titles installed and playable on my Vita currently. Just do NOT want to lose those games)

Thank you so much for any help on this matter!

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://vita.hacks.guide/

g
uide has pretty much everything u will need to know there. Not sure if autoplugin v2 is listed in guide but that can auto install plugins for u after and setup pkgj for vita, psp, psone games downloads
And vita has adrenaline for the psp side and essentially is the same setup as a psp. All ur hombrew retro emus from ur psp can be used, psp plugins to. Folder structure is same as psp for putting psp stuff. U will see once setup. Once vita hacked u will have an app to access vita file system and folders when plugged to pc or ftp so can transfer stuff to it

pretty sure all ur bought games will be fine unless u change psn account on it when u hack it

Last edited by Tri-Z,

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

1) 3.60 HENkaku Ensō is the most recommended CFW version that will allow you to reach the full potential of your console with CFW.
2) Yes. Just follow THE guide carefully without jumping any steps. Avoid following YouTube tutorials, as these get dated really quickly. It's really important that you do everything that is asked in the guide. :teach:
3) Do a full backup of your stuff and save it on your computer before starting the hacking process.
4) You can install emulators from VHBB (Vita Homebrew Browser) on your Vita directly or install the emulators for PSP on Adrenaline (homebrew app that allows you to run the PSP CFW on your Vita). There's also Retroarch, that you can install on your Vita.
5) Yes, CFW will allow you this.
6) In fairness, you can still use your PSN account with a modded Vita. However, I recommend you to reinstall all your previous owned games using PKGj, just to play it safe. They will be free so, in the end, it's like you won't be losing anything you have purchased in the past. :)

Just shout if you need anything. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1