Hacking PS Vita Firmware 3.68 Released

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it's literally just related to twitter and the calendar, I wonder if this is just some nonsense about software licenses expiring that Sony didn't want to renew and were forced to remove from the OS.

AlexKidbizkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe the timing of this update is suspicious. After so much time we have a 3.65 henkaku, and after a while we get a 3.68 o.f. . Mmmhhh....

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I guess this confirms the release of a 3.67 henkaku, when you need to keep applying after you power on your vita, like some unfortunate 6.60/6.61 psp consoles)

3.67 doesn't seem appealing, on account of those rumors ................. maybe this increases our low prospects for 3.67 ..................... at least sony has a legimate reason now, why we should not immediately sell our VITAS and get what little money we can for that, towards the purchase of a lower firmware ..................... they simply updated the FIRMWARE again with no clear reason, just to put some bruises on henkaku)

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
For someone who gave up on something, they sure care a lot about their dead console....They better put some games on it instead of worying about piracy and patching.... idiots.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(I guess this confirms the release of a 3.67 henkaku, when you need to keep applying after you power on your vita, like some unfortunate 6.60/6.61 psp consoles)

3.67 doesn't seem appealing, on account of those rumors ................. maybe this increases our low prospects for 3.67 ..................... at least sony has a legimate reason now, why we should not immediately sell our VITAS and get what little money we can for that, towards the purchase of a lower firmware ..................... they simply updated the FIRMWARE again with no clear reason, just to put some bruises on henkaku)
bullies

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"This system software update improves system performance."

If they say that they improve performances, they can't add some security checks because, obviously, adding checks DECREASE performances.
Unless $ony lies to us in their update notes? :unsure:

Reactions: Ryccardo

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(the vita's platform isn't "multiplayer centered", it would fail to compete in its own market if that were true of portable console)

stop there - "performance and stability fixes"

(sony, actually in reality, doesn't have a real competitor, but since the are competing to be number one in the "multiplayer centered consoles", the portable gaming system the vita that isn't had to have BLACKLIST because it reach the home tv market, "pstv" .......... so to avoid the competition of sony and sony with lower quality software and gaming.............the vita was doomed to fail!)

(going from the ps1 and ps2 generation with "top quality gaming you could put your heart into", to second rate "foot and mouth frag gaming", that everyone wants ................. how can sony manage to be number one in both markets if the "cheap thrills" market is now number one, and quality gaming is now number two)

(Sony has now made the fatal mistake of cutting its product line to keep its number one status, in a new gaming market where there can never be a number one, and from quarter to quarter or from month to month, insert x gaming company here, for number one .............. there are many sacrifices to be make to keep the number one status in the new "cheap thrills" market) (and because the "cheap thrills market" is counter to asian culture, sony won't win this battle in the long run, and I believe you know that also)

(the vita will just have to be sony's rag doll a little longer until it decides what to do with, limiting its huge library of streaming only games into downloadable and accessible for its console gaming ................... I don't care about cheap thrills, even if the majority of the market does, I don't care about piracy, or purchasing the same games over and over again if there the good ones ..................... the playing field is not in sony's favor anymore, so they have to adjust to being the number two or three gaming company, that is the big change)

(if WW2 was precursor by the development of "film", then WW3 is precursor by the development of "gaming" .................. so the world of the invisible is becoming more visible, or at least that what the people would like to think ......................... the gaming industry is the punching bag, true, and reality based gaming isn't really being reality based gaming now is it, so newer won't be better in this market)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 3.68 on my PSVita and system performs alot better now.

My 3.67 Official Vita, is a coaster (otherwise, good for nothing), I'm only going to update, because its not good for anything else, but if sony manage to allow something good actually be released on the 3.68 firmware then, yahoo! (I have the whitelist patch installed on 3.67 Official from PSVIMGTOOLS, guess people will run into that before me, but, if that doesn't work, I probably won't upgrade the pstv vita, the only one I have on official firmware) (guess I won't be updating until this issue of henkaku on 3.67 is finally completed)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F