Hacking PS VITA 3G SD Card reader question

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I just got myself a PS VITA original model. I plan on hacking it, but my main question is I have seen a mod where you can get an SD card reader for the 3G model and use that instead. How does this work, and will it work like regular storage would? I am new to the vita, and wanted to know if I should bother buying the expensive memory card, or if I can just use the SD card for everything? Wanted to use a 400GB card ideally.

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can purchase the PSVSD adapter from spheresolid, this allows you to have internal storage leaving the game card slot available to play physical games or use an SD2Vita for additional storage.

Having SD2Vita for additional storage allows you to have your PSVSD for Vita games and SD2Vita for PSP/PS1 games and old roms sets.

So it's really down to your personal preference; to be fair you can just as easily purchase a large SD card and just use the SD2Vita if you can't be bothered taking the Vita apart etc.

Me I have a 400gb PSVSD and 256gb SD2Vita; I love having all my games on one device.

note that not all original Vita's have the 3g option so check the side of your Vita for a card reader

Reactions: Powerful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1