Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Hardly anyone read it doesn't mean no one at all read it
wink.gif

Er... What? :wtf:
That's the point I was trying to make...

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have come across that pice of info, only I didn't see the part that said something about a debug unit.
well, nice fake thing again.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
luke_c said:
I shall reiterate what Urza said which no one could obviously be bothered to read.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/37e92k
*snip*
I've read it, and I know Matieulh is someone to be trusted, but I seriously doubt that someone like OzModChips (and xiaNaix too, at that) would ruin their reputations for a hoax.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
raulpica said:
I've read it, and I know Matieulh is someone to be trusted, but I seriously doubt that someone like OzModChips (and xiaNaix too, at that) would ruin their reputations for a hoax.
they must know something we don't
tongue.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gilberd said:
xorloser comfirmed that it works
and said that it TURNS THE PS3 in to a debug console
not that you need a debug console for it to work
http://twitter.com/xorloser/status/21554119576
Then I guess it's a bit like the good ol' Pandora Battery. It kinda puts the PS3 in "service mode". I remember seeing a vid some time back, which showed how a Debug PS3 also has a BD Emulator built-in.

I'm really interested in the Dongle. It seems like the only thing it really does is putting the PS3 in debug mode. I wonder how they achieved it. Probably something akin to SaveMii.
A certain signal combination in a seemingly normal port which activates debug mode...

I hope someone analyzes it soon.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This is awesome, but the price is utter clown shoes. It seems like they just want to get the initial investment, because they anticipate Sony fully blocking their shit.

I'll sit back and see what happens first.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
so the doongle works as a "pandora" that enables retail consoles to debug consoles... and it seems that once you unplug the doongle the PS3 wont run on debug anymore... (neet..)

and the program used to dump/launch backups, seems to be able to run it using the debug console, without the help of the doongle.

so this thing only to play backup for now. hopefully we can also run some custom programs made for debug consoles...
laugh.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I'm sure that if it is indeed real, once it is released it will be taken apart, and dirt cheap clones will be made. Vaguely interesting IMO (not that I have a PS3...), but if it does indeed use official SDK stuff and is therefore completely illegal, I hope someone reverse engineers it and makes a legal version for loading homebrew or whatever.

EDIT: I wonder how early in the boot sequence the check for the device is made...if its very early (e.g. equivalent of pre-IPL on PSP, as it is with Pandora battery), this CAN'T be patched with updates. Only newer hardware revisions. However, they do mention that they can't guarantee operability over 3.41, so I am guessing it may be later in the boot process, meaning it can be patched...I guess time will tell.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
you guys remember the blue psp battery for psp-3000's? you know the one that was BS? ozmodchips sold/sell that... with no proof.
i hope this is real, which means i could totally go out and get me a ps3...
tongue.gif

btw, just like MMS IPL injection, we could probably make a backup of the USB, and do the same... and then we all would win
biggrin.gif

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
you guys should check out PS3 news .com
it had the update about xorloser confirming that it works
and now it has an update about a patch that was made for people with Debug PS3 consoles

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im confused about this debug issue

ok so this only works on debug PS3's ?

... then what the shit is a debug PS3 and how can i know that i have one; or is this all complete BS ?

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Maz7006 said:

... then what the shit is a debug PS3 and how can i know that i have one; or is this all complete BS ?
Apparently this things turns your PS3 in a debug console. (well.. 'service mode') which allows you to run the unsigned(?) code, thus the Backup Manager.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maz7006 said:

Debug PS3s are special PS3s which are given to developers to test their games. Thus, to ease their work, it has functions like a BD emulator (to avoid burning copies every now and then to test builds) and the ability to run unsigned code (so they can test a piece of code without getting it signed every time).

Their Backup Manager is using the ability to run unsigned code in debug mode to do all of this.

And this USB Dongle should be able (as to what they claim) to turn every PS3 out there into a Debug unit temporarily.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to buy a modchip for a system that has no games?
Most of the games on be played on PC, Xbox 360 and those systems are much cheaper to mod. not worth it for a hand full of games imo.

I'll stick with 360 and PC for my haxors, and use PS3 for exclusives.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JumpMan3 said:
Why would you want to buy a modchip for a system that has no games?
Most of the games on be played on PC, Xbox 360 and those systems are much cheaper to mod. not worth it for a hand full of games imo.

I'll stick with 360 and PC for my haxors, and use PS3 for exclusives.

Are you insane?
The PS3 has quite a bit of games, I should know, I have many of them.

D

Deleted User

Nice, but it has quite a price tag $120, i suppose it is worth it for the games on the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex