Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: Off-topic

Dammit mods, thats a free discussion forum and that topic was also related to the PS3 Dongle which contains copyrighted data.
There is currently no proof of that. The "backup manager" it allows to run uses copyrighted SDK code, but the actual dongle itself may be completely legal for all we know. matheliuh may have speculated otherwise, but AFAIK, he hasn't seen the device hands-on, so he doesn't know. The dongle may be purely hardware, ala Pandora battery or SaveMii. It simply boots the PS3 in a mode that allows you to run unsigned code. On the other hand, it is of course highly plausible that it DOES contain copyrighted code e.g. the debug firmware (do we know for sure whether the debug mode is just a mode of the regular firmware, or a firmware ripped from a debug console and placed on a USB dongle?)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
oh yes yes source... its actually just the backup manager tht works on any device ie. USB
this will take forever to get here but if one has it, money maker

is this needed again after the files are installed? or would u just need the usb?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
DigitalDeviant said:
darn $150 + for a modchip, looks like were getting back to the dark days of 90's modding, n64 flash card anyone? those costs like $200 back in the day.

The Chinese knockoffs will be at a better price point i can pretty much guarantee.

but what of the build quality and reliability? I don't know but if the knockoffs will be sold at a 1/3 of ps jailbreak then I might consider getting one. But hey if it breaks easily then it wouldn't make sense to get the knockoff.

this is all speculative so you don't have to take my word for it, wait until it actually happens.

tobi9859

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex666 said:
"Better" "Proof"?!

dont own a ps3 but id definetly buy one if this will work
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Zeroneo was faster... damn!
biggrin.gif

He only showed u the intro of the game..we need gameplay

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: Off-topic

Dammit mods, thats a free discussion forum and that topic was also related to the PS3 Dongle which contains copyrighted data.
There is currently no proof of that. The "backup manager" it allows to run uses copyrighted SDK code, but the actual dongle itself may be completely legal for all we know. matheliuh may have speculated otherwise, but AFAIK, he hasn't seen the device hands-on, so he doesn't know. The dongle may be purely hardware, ala Pandora battery or SaveMii. It simply boots the PS3 in a mode that allows you to run unsigned code. On the other hand, it is of course highly plausible that it DOES contain copyrighted code e.g. the debug firmware (do we know for sure whether the debug mode is just a mode of the regular firmware, or a firmware ripped from a debug console and placed on a USB dongle?)
well.. according on last few years about the service mode dongle that they talk about..

yeah.. you're right.. there's a separate firmware that holds on the dongle.. which generally puts the console in safe mode.. a.k.a. the current firmware you using is in your PS3 is inactive.. which is neet to put your consoles out of the scene for banning while using that device..
laugh.gif

i think you can also do firmware downgrades on the service dongle they said.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just found this info. It was first posted on HackADay.com

QUOTE said:
PS3 Firmware (v3.42) Update
The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on August 19, 2010 (JST), and will disable the USB ports that are available on all PS3 systems, launched in November 2006. Due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.42 system software update.
In addition, disabling the USB ports will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
Consumers and organizations that currently use the USB ports can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems, although the following features will no longer be available;
* Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat
* Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.42 or later
* Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
* Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.42 or later
Additional information about PS3 firmware updates, including v3.42 (once it becomes available), can be found here: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemup...s/ps3/index.htm

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Thoob said:
TheDarkSeed said:
Shoppsjailbreak already has testimonials when the product hasn't even been released to the public yet. lol!
That's because it's a fake site.
dry.gif

+1 how many people have referenced this site, and someone goes right back to say that this is a fake site. say it with me. shoppsjailbreak is a fake site and I will not claim that the PS Jailbreak is invalid in reference to this site.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm now that I've thought about it for an hour, I think I'm gonna get one. If it can save me £300+ a year then it's definitely worth £100 and with all my money left over I can buy as many Monster Headphones as I like.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
Hmm now that I've thought about it for an hour, I think I'm gonna get one. If it can save me £300+ a year then it's definitely worth £100 and with all my money left over I can buy as many Monster Headphones as I like.
Wait for the clones. Even if they are poor quality, they will definitely drive down the cost of the original.
wink.gif

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
DigitalDeviant said:
so who's gonna subscribe to gamefly to rent games and rip them, you know someone is gonna do that,anyone here willing to say?
Good Idea

Would you do that? not bad method wouldn't have to worry about torrents taking forever to download, though its been specifically stated that one need to rip the games directly from the ps3.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
so who's gonna subscribe to gamefly to rent games and rip them, you know someone is gonna do that,anyone here willing to say?
I doubt any sane person would actually download a PS3 game, so this is what most people will do to "pirate" games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, fixed it?