Project M v3.0 ISO Builder

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by satanicpancakes, Dec 10, 2013.

1. satanicpancakes
    OP

satanicpancakes Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    Only tested with homebrew full:
    1. Extract contents of rar to empty folder
    2. Extract projectm folder into same directory as batch file.
    3. The rest is the same: run batch file and wait for everything to finish.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hz4vd1o4yrcg8yg/Project M V3.0 ISO Builder.rar
    Note: Filesize is large because I included a pre-made sound file that contains changes from SFX folder

credits:
    damysteryman for original batch file at http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
    and me for updating it.

Duo8 and juins like this.
  2. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    I have a question. Does this run Mac? I only have Mac and not windows. If not, can you tell me how to run it on Mac. :lol:

3. satanicpancakes
    OP

satanicpancakes Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    This is only for windows because it is based off of the windows command prompt. It is also based off of using a program called wit that is an executable. If you can find a mac version of wit, it would be very possible to turn my batch file into a mac version. All the bat file really does is copy files from projectm folder to the extracted iso folder (with very few renames).

4. W hat

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    Luckily for this user, WIT does exist on Mac OSX and Linux. It would take a basic knowledge of the Windows and Mac command prompts to re-write your scripts for Mac.

5. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    How would I let my Bat file run on Mac?

6. anthonyplep

anthonyplep (´ε` )

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    Thanks, this worked on my first attempt. Everything runs as it should :yaywii:

7. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    For mac, you could write a bash script. In bash, the copy equivalent is cp. The goto could be replaced by if conditions or case statements.

8. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    Ok, with bash script I know how to do but how do I Use the .bat file with the Bash Script?

9. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    It's not "how do I use the .bat file with the bash script", it's "I should be using the bash script instead of the .bat file". There wouldn't be a point in making a bash script that does the same thing that the .bat file does if you still plan on attempting to use the .bat file ._.

10. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    If you want to run a .bat file (batch) which is only for windows, you'd have to run the file on a virtual machine on your mac. That means having windows installed in Parallel Desktop or whatever.
    Otherwise, you'd have to modify the script for bash which is one of the interpreters for mac/linux.

11. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    So how do I make the iso with bash script? Im really sorry if im annoying you guys. :(

12. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Simple answer: someone has to re-write the script for mac.
    Or the solution mentioned above.

13. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    How do I modify the script for bash? Im so sorry about all the questions...

14. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    If you don't know anything about bash syntax that won't be very easy. I' looked at the .bat quickly and already gave some clues. To be honest, I'm not interested enough to modify the script. There are surely others able to do it or to give advices.

15. marck

marck GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    United States
    just saying you do not need to have a ssbb disk...unless your wii isnt modded. it worked for me withought the disk when its modded

16. mariofan064

mariofan064 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    United States
    marck: how do I do it without the disk? My wii is modded with the Homebrew Channel and USBLoader GX.

Wiimpathy It's all good. is there a program I could use to change the Batch to a Bash?

EDIT: Anybody? My brother really wants to play this.... No Rush Intended :lol:

17. marck

marck GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    United States
  18. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    So, this leaves an actual .ISO file, project m 3.0, ready to load without any loader configurations or anything? or , burned to disc and run off modchip? Very NICE!
    i imagine if i want to use it on usb loader afterwards, i just convert to wbfs format normally.

Does it work for the 4gb brawl version or is it only for the dvd9 version?

19. satanicpancakes
    OP

satanicpancakes Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    I have only tested my .bat file with an original brawl disc backup. It may or may not work with the 4gb version.

20. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    ignore this