Gaming Project Diva 2: Problem with Custom Songs

doubletaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make some beat charts in Edit mode in Project Diva 2, since I like features like this in rhythm games. I've copied a few songs to my memory stick, and in the edit mode they are all listed on the memory card tab of the song list, but when I try to start editing every one of them I get the following screen:

5fhwg7.jpg

Anyone know either a) what this is saying or b) how to solve the problem? I've tried with CBR and VBR MP3s, and only gotten the same results.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: To clarify, I'm running it on the most recent Gen-D cfw with Prometheus.

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK the game has some protection where it won't let you use any custom mp3s or let you save screenshots when you're in rooms. I guess it needs to be looked into and probably patched

doubletaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeloazndevil said:
AFAIK the game has some protection where it won't let you use any custom mp3s or let you save screenshots when you're in rooms. I guess it needs to be looked into and probably patched

Do you mean antipiracy protection in that regard? If I recall correctly, using custom MP3s for the edit mode (and making your own video/charts for it) was a huge selling point for the game aside from the vocaloid theme.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a fix on another site. I haven't tried it yet.

-------------------------------------------------

MP3 FIX Patch - only works in Prometheus -

**Patch made by FearEffect, reputation to him**

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gcpgxx1f49f944

Tutorial
**Tutorial made by nomakewan, reputation to him**

1.) Make sure you're running 5.50/5.03 Prometheus firmware.If you aren't, the installer can be had here: 5.50 GEN-D3/5.03 GEN-C
2.) Grab test_prometheus.rar and extract to a useful folder.
3.) Grab WQSG_UMD Tool from HERE and extract to a useful folder.
4.) Get PRXdecrypter from HERE. Put the PRXdecrypter folder into PSP/GAME on your PSP's memstick. Create a new folder at the root of the memstick called "ENC".
5.) Using a COPY of your PD2 ISO (wouldn't want to screw up your only ISO), open it in WQSD_UMD Tool. Navigate to the SYSDIR folder. Right-click EBOOT.BIN and click 'Export', saving it to the "ENC" folder at the root of your PSP's memstick. Exit WQSD_UMD Tool, leave USB mode on your PSP.
6.) Run PRXdecrypter on your PSP. Hit X on Decrypt Files. The program will attempt to decrypt the EBOOT.BIN.
7.) Once it's done, go back to Home and enter USB Mode to connect to your PC.
8.) Open the ENC folder on your PSP's memstick and rename EBOOT.BIN to EBOOT.OLD.
9.) Open your PD2 ISO in WQSD_UMD Tool again and once more navigate to the SYSDIR folder. Drag EBOOT.OLD into it. Now drag the two files from test_prometheus.rar (EBOOT.BIN, libmp3.prx) into it as well. Once done, close WQSD_UMD Tool.
10.) Copy the ISO you just edited to your PSP and enjoy!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
maybe you need to complete something first?

No, it's not a feature you have to unlock. That's the error it gives you when you have the wrong file format (or you have the right file format, but the anti-piracy detects your CFW). And yes, I'm positive I have compatible MP3s.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotta bump this, because honestly... the music video creator in this game is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. It should be the selling point of the game, in fact, I'm not sure why I've never seen anyone mention it. I'm honestly considering buying the real deal and sacrificing CFW just so I can make videos with my own songs.

I actually wish they would make a full program (possibly for PC, because it's awkward editing on a PSP) that was just for making music videos. I'd like more models than just the vocaloids, and I'd like to have more than two dancers. I'd also like more detailed lip syncing, but that's just nitpicking.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
there are pc app's, both vocaloid song generators and dance coreography stuff.

Awesome! Thanks, that makes sense (I only knew about the song generator)

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!! Get the newest version of Prometheus 5.50 and update. I must have been on an old version, but it works fine with v4.

doubletaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a new version of iso tool (1.61) that addresses this very problem. However, it requires a 6.30 OFW file for the patch to work, libmp3.prx.

Not exactly sure where to find that at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi