Homebrew Question Profile Migration Switch CFW

SwitchFarm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey Everyone,

I'm quite new to the switch hacking scene and used to do a lot of Xbox modding in the 360 days and have a quick question.

So I managed to find 2 switches for sale that could be hacked so I jumped on them and got them to mess with.
I got one a week before the other so I decided to play a few games and have gotten far in a few while I waited for the other.

Now what I want to know is, How do I transfer my profile and save data to the new also hacked switch ?
I know there is the official way to transfer through the settings but requires you to connect to the Nintendo servers etc which I wont do.

I cant find any info on this at all but even if anyone knows where I can find the folder that holds the account information I could probably work a way to migrate it manually but again I'm not familiar with the switch system just yet.

Any insight would be a huge help !

And just a FYI to make sure I'm clear on it I'm running 2 hacked switches so not trying to transfer from CFW console to a Stock console.
I have done checkpoint backups of my save data and can export them but on the second switch I don't have the profile to load the save from.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

I'm quite new to the switch hacking scene and used to do a lot of Xbox modding in the 360 days and have a quick question.

So I managed to find 2 switches for sale that could be hacked so I jumped on them and got them to mess with.
I got one a week before the other so I decided to play a few games and have gotten far in a few while I waited for the other.

Now what I want to know is, How do I transfer my profile and save data to the new also hacked switch ?
I know there is the official way to transfer through the settings but requires you to connect to the Nintendo servers etc which I wont do.

I cant find any info on this at all but even if anyone knows where I can find the folder that holds the account information I could probably work a way to migrate it manually but again I'm not familiar with the switch system just yet.

Any insight would be a huge help !

And just a FYI to make sure I'm clear on it I'm running 2 hacked switches so not trying to transfer from CFW console to a Stock console.
I have done checkpoint backups of my save data and can export them but on the second switch I don't have the profile to load the save from.
You have to run the game at least once on both consoles in order for Checkpoint to work.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Idk if you could migrate your profile, but you could create the exact same profile from scratch and backup all your saves on Checkpoint and restore them, tho as people already said above me, you'll still need to boot the games you want to restore a save, Checkpoint can't restore a save for a game which doesn't have any save data file and for that you need to boot the game, you could even leave right when the Nintendo loading screen appear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw