Profile exploit just opens DS Profile...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gunma82, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys, here's what happened: I'm on an O3DS with 4.x firmware on sysnand and used 9.2 on emunand. I wanted to update emunand using system Update. When I loaded it, it failed instantly and now profile exploit doesn't work anymore, it just opens the Ds profile menu :(

What can I do? Please help!

2. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    What CFW are you using?

3. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    I'm on RxTools 3

4. DarkKaine

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    If you have a DS flashcart, you can put the rxinstaller.nds file on the microSD and launch it.
    If not, put rxinstaller.bin on the root of your SD, fire up your browser and go to http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxinstaller.bin
    This should reinstall the DS profile exploit.

5. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    Thanks. Going to try it. Anyway, I can't find rxinstaller.bin, only .nds :(

*I changed file extension (don't know if that works) and did the process you suggested. The browser returns an error after the message "loading rxinstaller.bin". And profile exploit still doesn't work. I'm afraid I have to reinstall everything from
    a freshly formatted sd... :(

Last edited by Gunma82, Mar 3, 2016
  6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    AFAK, Rxtools does not work with 10.5 - 10.6, you need to use other cfw.

7. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Well indeed it works. I'm using 10.6 emunand in an O3DS and a N3DS, both with rxTools 3.0.

astronautlevel likes this.
  8. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Weird, i remember that they stopped working, but who knows, glad they work tough.

9. Ante0

Ante0 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    rxinstaller.bin is located in the same folder as rxinstaller.nds. When you extract rxtools from the zip, its full path would be /release/mset/rxinstaller.bin
    So just redownload and extract, then copy it over to your sdcard.

10. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    They didn't stop working you are just behind with old information...

rxTools and all other CFW didn't work in emunand 9.6 and up due to the 9.6 encryption the update included, now all CFW have been updated to work with emunand up to the latest version (including rxTools 3.0)

Hayleia likes this.
  11. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    wow, since i switched from rxtools to reinand mod, i lost track of rxtools. also, a little confused when i came back and saw something about arm9 loaderhax, dont have any idea what that is for.

12. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    No rxinstaller.bin is found inside that path. Is there any other option?

13. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    Is there, at least, a way to redo everything from scratch? (New cfw, I have no Gateway nor ds flashcart).

14. DarkKaine

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
  15. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    to be clear,

DS profile exploit only works if you installed the old version of the DS profile system software on sysnand, but that's just risky and not worth it.
    (natively, the exploit only would have worked between sysnand 4.0 - 4.5, however gateway found a way around that limitation)

Firmware 9.0-9.2 is better, because coldboot.

16. DarkKaine

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    Here's a rundown of what you should do:

1) Install rxTools and run the browser exploit to install the MSET payload for rxinstaller.bin. http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxinstaller.bin
    2) Get the sysupdater cia and toss it on the root of your SD card. https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases/tag/0.4.2
    3) Google "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)". Download the appropriate 9.2.0 pack for your region. Put all the CIA files into a folder called "updates" on the root of your SD card.
    4) Boot into rxTools thru the DS profile exploit, hold L during boot.
    5) Go to "Inject FBI", select sysNAND, check only. Write down the number.
    6) From the rxTools folder, go to fbi_injection and open the folder that matches the number you wrote down earlier. Copy the 2 files to the root of your SD card.
    7) Boot rxTools and go to "Inject FBI" again. This time, inject it to your sysNAND. It will prompt if you want to backup, select yes.
    8) Select "Pasta mode" to boot into your sysNAND with patches. Open the health & safety app and FBI should start. From there, install the sysupdater cia.
    9) Close FBI and start sysupdater. Select update when prompted and after a couple minutes and a reboot you should be on 9.2.

From there, I recommend you to install menuhax to cold boot into cfw/gateway. You'll have a lot more options to boot homebrew.

17. Gunma82
    OP

Gunma82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2015
    Italy
    Fbi is not installing over H&S...I choose the right files (v3077 for my EUR 3DS), went to Fbi install from RxTools and followed instruction. Back to the 3DS, when I open H&S...it just opens H&S...

Last edited by Gunma82, Mar 13, 2016