Profile Exploit gone after Language switch?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Romsstar, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Romsstar
    OP

Romsstar Operation Decoded

Sep 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, I got a problem:

After I merely changed the System of my 3DS XL Language, the profile exploit was gone and I would be able to access the profile menu but for the life of me wouldn't get into GW Mode anymore.
    Now this quite unfortunate as it happened during my vacation so I don#t have the blue card with me to reinstall.
    Is this a known issue, also is there a way to reinstall the exploit if I only got the red card with me?
    I'm on 4.5 right now. Am I screwed without the blue card? That would kinda suck not to be able to play anything during vacation.xd

2. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    You have to rerun exploit every time after you enter in the system settings menu, even if you don't change anything there.

If you can't run profile exploit it's seems to be broken and must be reinstalled. You can use any DS card, which is working on v4.5 3DS to install it.

Last edited by oji, Sep 7, 2015 - Reason: misread
  3. Romsstar
    OP

Sep 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I KNOW that, what I said is that after I changed the Language the profile exploit was gone. My question was how can I reinstall if it don't have access to any DS Card right now?

4. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    AFAIK, you can't do it without a DS Card. You can update your 3DS to a newer firmware (9.2) & use different exploit involving Zelda OoT or Cubic Ninja & then downgrade to a lower version. But i'm sure it's better to buy another DS card or, if there's no shops around, to enjoy your vacations.

5. Henning B

Henning B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2014
    Norway
    It can be done by using browser exploits on 4.5, if its gateway its easily done buy using go.gateway and reinstalling mset from there

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    in browser, go to these url : go.gateway-3ds.com or dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go

7. Romsstar
    OP

Sep 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    how can I reinstall mset from go.gateway though? Do you have some more explicit instructions? :)

I mean just launching it won't give me access to the profile exploit again or will it?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
  9. Romsstar
    OP

Sep 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Question: Is there any reason why I couldn't launch GW Mode with the browser and simply use the
    - Built-in NVRAM installer in the Gateway menu (behaves same as the Blue Card Gateway installer)
    ?

Has anyone tested this yet?

Henning B likes this.
  10. tivanh

tivanh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Mset if on 4.xx can be installed with the right code.bin on the root of sd and one visit to dukesrg website. It will flicker the lower screen then crash back to home. After that the ds profile will work again.

If i were you, i would put code.bin, firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin and rxtools.dat (from an older version like 2.5) on the root of the sd card. Clear you browser of all things in setting and load http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat.

Done, thats it. Your 3ds will now load rxtools, auto load if you leave it and don't hold 'r' and bring you into your gateway emunand with signatures checks gone.