Hacking Problems with USB Loader GX and WD

Thatguy3339

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so let me preface this by saying I have done a lot of searching around for an answer to this problem already, and it may be a simple solution I'm missing but anyway let's get into it. I have a 1 Tb WD My Passport drive that I would like to use for my gc and Wii backups (in vWii), I had some trouble getting it to initialize originally due to the issues that seem to plague WD drives with this loader but following Cyan's suggestion to another user on another thread I set the loader IOS to 58. That caused it to recognize my drive, which is good. But now I get to the next step for me. Ustealth. So it seems that with the loader IOS set to 58, if there is another usb drive plugged in (My WiiU backup drive) that the loader hangs at "Initializing drive". I have double checked and it only happens when the other drive is plugged in and only with the ios set to 58. I tried with little flash drive I had around, Ustealthed it and popped it in and it had trouble with IOS 58 as well but not the native settings on USB loader (249 I think?). I know I saw on another thread that IOS 58 mounts drives in a decremental order rather than incremental as is normal so maybe it's getting stuck because of that? I'm not sure I'm definitely no expert. I figured I'd come here to see if anyone had a suggestion for a workaround to be able to use my drive I already have while still having my Wii U backup drive plugged in as well.

Last edited by Thatguy3339,

Thatguy3339

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also mention the suggestion from Cyan on the other thread was a bit old (2016) so it may be out of date but it seemed to work up until this point so any other suggestions are appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't make the relation with that issue and the fact it's only when using IOS58.
that's interesting, it would mean it's because the loader is trying to init the WiiU HDD ?

the loader is/should be skipping all non compatible drives, so even if the WiiU HDD is plugged it should just skip it after initializing the USB Port as it doesn't find any partition table.

If you unplug the wiiU HDD, IOS58 is working fine and your vWii HDD detected/mounted without problem?

Are all your drives powered enough ?
Y-cable or externally powered?

did you try to plug the wiiU HDD in the front? (IOS58 is still loading front ports, but that's just an idea to see how it reacts inside the loader)

Last edited by Cyan,

Thatguy3339

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I have been doing some more testing with this over the past day or two, more out of curiosity than anything at this point (as I have actually just started using the WD for Wii U backups instead as it works better since I don't have to have the loader set to IOS 58 and so the drives mount as usual) and while it was hanging with the WD drive, with the flash drive it seems to just not initialize while using IOS 58 at all and instead go on into USB Loader without initializing and so all that's there are the Nand channels.
Regardless this still only happens with the Wii U drive also plugged in, so it still seems to be an issue with how it's mounting the drives, no?

As you said, the loader should skip it when it sees there's no partition table.

And to answer your questions: Yes, if I unplug the wiiU HDD IOS58 works fine and the drive is detected and mounted no problem.
One drive is a flash drive and the WD one is using a Y-cable so they should be powered fine.
I tested it out with the WiiU drive on the front port as well and it made no difference.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
another test you could do (as you are currently doings tests):

install d2x r53 (I know, it has compatibility issue, it's just to test)
plug vWii HDD to port1
plug WiiU HDD to port0
set the loader to use IOS58 inside the loader, and d2x with games.

This way we will know if the issue is having both drives at the same time, or if it's the order they are mounted.
I have no idea what the result will be.

Another idea, is with the same setup to not use IOS58 but only d2x set to mount port1 only.

Maybe it's requiring too much power, even with one drive externally powered. but flashes shouldn't require a lot.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
    CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito: Hello fellow stranger