Problems with roms not loading?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Ph1l0z0ph3r, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009
  1. Ph1l0z0ph3r
    OP

Member Ph1l0z0ph3r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i put YSmenu on my R4 properly(Atleast i think I did it loads up fine) but it wont load any of my games. It starts to slowly load them and then gets stuck towards the end.Bad pic but you should get the idea.Need something to hold me down till my Acekard 2i comes
    [​IMG] Any suggestions?

Also no this is not a clone or any of that other crap. Owned this R4 since back in 08-07? when it originally came out and it worked fine until i installed YSMenu.

2. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you know, the first thing ANYONE should do is try deleting the game and reloading it on the card. and then a full format and start from scratch. AFTER those two steps result in the problem occuring, try another microSD.

this troubleshooting 101.

add the fact that you're actually not sure whether you made ysmenu right or not, and there's a whole world of possible issues.

3. Ph1l0z0ph3r
    OP

United States
    I tried two different copies of the game. Sure it aint YSmenu now since i used he GUI config floating around.

4. Seacow

Newcomer Seacow Newbie

Australia
    Yup. Same problem here. Noone of my games work. I have downloaded the games twice, for maybe something went wrong while downloading, deleted the .nds game file on the MicroSD card then replaced it. I am using the latest YSMenu and DSTT firmware. Though some homebrew work...

I'm suspecting there's something wrong with YSMenu itself, and/or the DSTT firmware. Seems like we just gotta wait till one of em does something [​IMG]

5. Mav3ric

Newcomer Mav3ric Newbie

Germany
    I have just installed it yesterday and it works fine.

Do you have all the files listed at the end of the first post here?
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

And which DSTT firmware did you use? I took 1.17 with the no fake killer patch

6. Seacow

Newcomer Seacow Newbie

Australia
    Hmm, that's weird. I'll try doing the whole process again.

7. Seacow

Newcomer Seacow Newbie

Australia
    Hmm, that's weird. I'll try doing the whole process again.

EDIT: Nope, just tried the whole process with the R4TF.dldi for homebrew, none of the games work...But

Using R4YSauto did the magic for me!

Here's the link to it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

EDIT: Oops, should have editted my above post. Mods delete my post above please?

8. Ph1l0z0ph3r
    OP

United States
    I just reinstalled the R4 1.18 firmware and said forget it. Ordered an Acekard2i so i should be fine till then.

9. aimansss95

Member aimansss95 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i experience this using ttmenu..just format your sd..it'll solve your problem

10. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i was thinking you used the wrong dstt firmware. you have to get the patched one, because the official firmware comes with a "fake killer" in it, and since an r4 is not a dstt, it doesn't work.

but congrats on the upgrade. hopefully it's not near as troublesome as the r4 is becoming. and from what i've read, it shouldn't be

11. Ph1l0z0ph3r
    OP

United States
    Funny ished. I got mad because the R4_menu cheat bug fixer wasnt working so i said f it and decided to try YSMenu again but getting a completely new MicroSD card and it worked. Runs smooth as butter and I can use my pokemanz hacks now.

12. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    remember you can set up YSmenu to run as a .nds file ... so you can have both ysmenu and R4 1.18 easily if you want.