Problems with Gecko OS 1.07b

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cowboys4life22, Oct 27, 2008.

1. cowboys4life22
    OP

cowboys4life22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2008
    United States
    I got the updated homebrew channel, but when I try to download via homebrew browser Gecko OS 1.07b it says invalid wii application. I have the updated loader and IOS also. Does this program needed to be recoded for the new homebrew channel. Im kinda a noob, but understand alot. I try searching the forums to no avail. I would appreciate any help in getting it to work. Thanks

2. cowboys4life22
    OP

cowboys4life22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2008
    United States
    I did find a dead link for the Gecko OS dol file, does anyone still have it, that might fix my problem. I think I remember reading that new homebrew channel and IOS dont support elf packages anymore, but dols instead.

3. cowboys4life22
    OP

cowboys4life22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2008
    United States
    I got it from someone, thanks anyway, sorry to bug everyone I was right dol file is the new format, lol.

4. temperDX

temperDX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
  5. Fyuusii

Fyuusii Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Western Australia
    Can you (or someone else) confirm then that Gecko OS v1.07 works in HBC 9 with 3.3v2? Because I've had so much drama trying to get Tona's shop channel update to work that I'm considering doing exactly this just to work around my issue. All I want is to play my NTSC copies of SSBB and No More Heroes on my Aus PAL Wii. [​IMG]

6. Fyuusii

Fyuusii Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Western Australia
    Anyone? Sorry to double-post...

7. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Gecko OS should work. But you'll have to use the patched DOL file, not the old ELF

8. Fyuusii

Fyuusii Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Western Australia
    Thanks, just patched up and now I've got the best of all worlds; shop channel and regionfree using Gecko. Pity that shop channel patch didn't do S-F-A, but oh well. I can stress less now.

Many thanks to everyone on this forum. [​IMG]