Problems with freezing after editing rom [ORAS&XY]

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by mikeylevi, May 28, 2015.

1. mikeylevi
    OP

mikeylevi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    I've been trying to make a randomizer with a couple kinks. After repacking the rom and everything, the games start but will freeze or crash at certain times.

Pokemon XY freezes directly after getting the starter and one of the trainers "friends" goes to talk. Sound continues to play.

Pokemon ORAS freezes on route 101 after encountering, and defeating, a wurmple. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, wurmple isn't even included in the wild encounter tables for route 101. Sound stops playing and the screen blacks out.

The roms I'm editing were decrypted using rxTools, and the extracted code.bin is decompressed. I've installed the updates for both of the games. Heres a list of all the changes I've made to the games: http://pastebin.com/2e5Ra1Rx

Any help is appreciated!

2. Flintiex

Flintiex GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2012
    I'm not sure about ORAS but for XY that is because there's a bug with PK3DS and the moves file which is 2/1/2. Take the 2/1/2 file from your original XY rom and paste it into the edited one's romfs folder