Hacking Problems Rebuilding Cheat DB on AceKard2

Xcellerator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I have AceKard2 and before the cheat system has played and I got around, but now I can't remember, lol... I have recently added some HeartGold (U) Cheats to the CHEAT.DAT file, and when I load up the cheat menu it says CHEAT DB NOT FOUND, which usually comes up, so I goto Rebuild Cheat DB and the SD symbol flashes in the corner for about a second then stops and it is frozen!
I have tried again and again and again, and it still doesn't work!

Any Help Highly Appreciated!

BTW, I am using AKAIO Firmware (Latest!)

Xcellerator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, 2 questions,
1) Why does this help?
2) What is the easiest way to change the name without losing cheats already activated (.CC Files)

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try getting the latest cheat.dat file from gbatemp and put the name to usrcheat.dat then see if that works
if that works use r4cce to add any cheats that you want for the games in

Xcellerator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the original cheat file from the CheatDB on GBATemp, then I added some ones from kodewerx...
Now I've got some for Heart Gold (U), Rebuilding don't work... Now it's usrcheat.dat, I can't even bring up the cheat menu...

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press start in the acekard menu and scroll along to default patch options and make sure you have selected usrcheat.dat.
and it could be one of the cheats you put in what is not letting you see the cheats. i would get the non customised cheat.dat file from gbatemp and start a fresh cheat file

Xcellerator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AKAIO doesn't have a patches selection in the start menu... you change the cheat file used in the cheats menu, which freezes if i try to access it...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhhh.. isn't cheat.dat encrypted while usrcheat.dat is not?

you probably have to remove the database's encryption not "just rename it" in order for it to work.

if you can add stuff in R4CCE, you can probably figure out how to adjust the encryption too.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only other thing i would do is try formating the card and put akaio back on and a standard cheat file. dont add no cheats to it and see if that works it should defo work,
then add one cheat at a time to the cheat file using r4cce then you can see if its a certain cheat what is making the card freeze. i had alot of these troubles with cheats not letting the game boot up and freezing with my r4 but never had a probly with my ak2i

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Xcellerator said:
Thankyou, exangle, I did not know that cheat.dat was encrypted, I will try it now, and see...

the last time i checked and if i am not wrong
you can also use cheat.dat (encrypted) on acekard

i believe your issue is SORT SORT SORT SORT
check r4cce for that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo