Trophies
Website
bentemple.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This was my original post:

QUOTE said:
I have a problem with ds Hobro 0.3, when ever I hit a to connect to my local network, it just sits there saying this: ""** Initialising WiFi...". I have wireless working in all my games but it seems my sylph amp does the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

I have finally solved this! The way to get DS Hobro, and any other ds wifi app you can't get to connect to the wireless network to work, is this:

You need to make sure that you wireless router is broadcasting the ip address, yes, this can be a security risk, so enable Mac Address filtering. This way, the DS can see your network. It has to do with the homebrew wireless library, I think, but if you are broadcasting your ssid, it works.

Enjoy! and I hope I helped some of you guys out there.
Ben

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I could have told you that. Yeah, the homebrew library requires the SSID to be visible in order to work. That's actually the main reason I bought the Opera DS browser - it could connect to my school's wifi network while the homebrew web browsers couldn't.

-h4ck3r-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bentemple.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Bought? LOL I highly doubt that if you were able to play homebrew
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-h4ck3r- said:
Bought? LOL I highly doubt that if you were able to play homebrew
tongue.gif

Any other questions?

(It cost me a pretty penny too, as I bought it when I was in London on a band trip, before the US version was even announced. Dang currency conversions.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later