Gaming Problematic memory card

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought myself a 4GB Sony mem card and it's being a picky bitch. Every now and then, the system will freeze on boot-up if that card is inserted, and the system will refuse to recognise the card. To be clear, it's an official Sony card, 4GB, it has the MagicGate icons but it lacks the PSP logo present on my dad's similar 32MB mem card. I'm running the latest Prometheus 5.50 firmware.

Once the system registers the card everything plays normally until the problem resurfaces, and taking the card out a few times seems to temporarily solve the problem. Just annoying me, and I'd rather solve the problem before it becomes something more serious. Help please.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it says MagicGate Unknown, so I presume it's a fake one. Great. Is there a way around the problem or will it continue to get worse? I can get my money back and get a Sandisk 4GB, just means I have a LOT of work to do.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're going to use that card, i think it won't be worst. Just taking-out and putting it back can get boring :P. My brother has similar problem, 4GB fake one - 500MB write = 0,5h. Also my cousin had KING memory card that was freezing his PSP on startup; he lost it and he is happier.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The card is still being a massive problem. Now the system is refusing to acknowledge the card on any level, and if it's inserted before I switch the PSP on it won't run the intro sequence, it just freezes on a black screen. Please help as this memory card contains my Dissidia Duodecim demo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc