orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everybody

I don't speak english correctly so excuse for bad understanding (french speaking from Canada)

I bought my first wii two days ago and tried to modify it immediately.
Since I have no experience, I try many things, looking on web, and can't tell you all I do but ... that's not OK for me
wacko.gif

This is my actual configuration:

4.2U - 1.0.6 IOS 61 v21.29

First I installed homebrew, DVDX and bootmii but the last one only as ISO
When I try to restore "the Trucha Bug", I can downgrade to IOS15 but no more: when I "choose IOS15" I have "exception (DSI) occured" with many codes and wii freeze.

I tried many other thinks but I have always freezing problems.

So is it really possible to hack a new wii ? have you got solution for this ?

What I do too is ordering new wiikey fusion . My question was: with wiikey, is it necessary to to those modifications ?

Thanks for reading and help

Mondeo man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
orpheedulogis said:
Hi everybody

I don't speak english correctly so excuse for bad understanding (french speaking from Canada)

I bought my first wii two days ago and tried to modify it immediately.
Since I have no experience, I try many things, looking on web, and can't tell you all I do but ... that's not OK for me
wacko.gif

This is my actual configuration:

4.2U - 1.0.6 IOS 61 v21.29

First I installed homebrew, DVDX and bootmii but the last one only as ISO
When I try to restore "the Trucha Bug", I can downgrade to IOS15 but no more: when I "choose IOS15" I have "exception (DSI) occured" with many codes and wii freeze.

I tried many other thinks but I have always freezing problems.

So is it really possible to hack a new wii ? have you got solution for this ?

What I do too is ordering new wiikey fusion . My question was: with wiikey, is it necessary to to those modifications ?

Thanks for reading and help

Hi there

Your English is very good

I have exactly the same problem and have posted a thread about it

Welcome

orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for quick answer.

So new wii are difficult (impossible ?) to hack . ( I forgot to say it was a D3 model because I opened it to verifiy if wii key was abble to work with)

I had another question: before doing to many modifications I do a NAND backup. Because I was thinking I made to many modifications, I tried to restore NAND but I had a "danger" message as if there was a problem so I don't do it. I used wiinand to look in nand file and it's seems OK. Is this always a security problem with last wii systems ?

Mondeo man

" have exactly the same problem and have posted a thread about it"

And ? no solution too ?
frown.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is nothing special about new wii's other than the fact that boot1 is fixed an they have d3-2 drives, and thats old news.

your just failing at modding wii's!

follow my guide throughly
i know its in modern english but if you can type good english you can do it.

you should find someone to translate it for you

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can hack your new Wii, but you have to follow the steps to the Nth degree. So don't go anywhere but to the tutorial from XZXERO. Be careful!!!!! give a rundown of the steps that you have done after installing HB DVDX, and Bootmii. Someone will help.

Mondeo man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
orpheedulogis said:
Thanks a lot for quick answer.

So new wii are difficult (impossible ?) to hack . ( I forgot to say it was a D3 model because I opened it to verifiy if wii key was abble to work with)

I had another question: before doing to many modifications I do a NAND backup. Because I was thinking I made to many modifications, I tried to restore NAND but I had a "danger" message as if there was a problem so I don't do it. I used wiinand to look in nand file and it's seems OK. Is this always a security problem with last wii systems ?

Mondeo man

" have exactly the same problem and have posted a thread about it"

And ? no solution too ?
frown.gif

I have no solution yet guess I may give up but there are some seriously clever people on here so I am hopeful

orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero

"follow my guide throughly"

I did it exactly and that's why I wrote "When I try to restore "the Trucha Bug", I can downgrade to IOS15 but no more: when I "choose IOS15" I have "exception (DSI) occured""

I tried to find on this link if someone has the same problem (DSI error) and, because I don't saw anything like my problem, I writed this new post.
Perhaps I do something wrong but, excuse me, I can't see where.

Tell me how to do and I will be very happy !

orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rontonimo
"you can hack your new Wii, but you have to follow the steps to the Nth degree"

Sorry, I don't understand "the Nth degree" . Perhaps it's a funny way to tell I'm wrong ?
unsure.gif

Mondeo man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
orpheedulogis said:
rontonimo
"you can hack your new Wii, but you have to follow the steps to the Nth degree"

Sorry, I don't understand "the Nth degree" . Perhaps it's a funny way to tell I'm wrong ?
unsure.gif

Basically it means check and then check again you are doing it right. We both seem to be stuck on the same thing

hope you can get it worked out

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
orpheedulogis said:
xzxero

"follow my guide throughly"

I did it exactly and that's why I wrote "When I try to restore "the Trucha Bug", I can downgrade to IOS15 but no more: when I "choose IOS15" I have "exception (DSI) occured""

I tried to find on this link if someone has the same problem (DSI error) and, because I don't saw anything like my problem, I writed this new post.
Perhaps I do something wrong but, excuse me, I can't see where.

Tell me how to do and I will be very happy !
Really? I can assure that many peoplee have had the same problem as you, and they posted their problems on my thread.

the guide says at top
Code Dumps [DSI errors] and Black Screens experienced throughout the guide, if any, are random and harmless for the most part.
Simply hold the power button for 4 seconds and try again.

Now, this means that when people experience what happened to you, a DSI error aka code dump, you just power off your wii and keep trying until it goes through.

orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK mondeo man, so hope someone give us the good way for (wii) paradise
wink2.gif

In fact, if wiikey works without this, I would be happy too but I'm so hurry I would like to discover all what I can do with wii ... (and wiikey fusion is not ready to send )

Mondeo man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have read the guide and read that many times but I thought after the 10th time of getting the same result I decided that "random" was now more of a problem.

How many attempts does it normally take then and why do some people get this error ?

I admit I did not read every page of your thread there is rather a lot

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well It wasn't a joke if that's what you mean. I was just saying be careful. I have been having same problem with modifying the Wii, but I have an older one, so I have a way out if I screw things up to bad.

orpheedulogis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero

"Simply hold the power button for 4 seconds "

OK,
At the beginning, when I had problem with wii, I took off wii power to reset it.
After a while, I tried to push power button for long time, thinking that was working on PC so, as you can see, I do this and have the same problem.
It's true I don't try 10 times but only two or tree times. Do you think it will work ? I will try even I'm not sure.

Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 - A modified TBR for 4.2x Wii systems. I verify actual version, i'ts the same (TBR 1.1)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: