OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago, I loaded up USB Loader GX. While I was in the menu I decided to scroll through all my games. When I got to Dragon Quest Swords, the Disc Channel music would not play. I thought it was just a glitch. so I ignored it. When I got to FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, the option to play the game didn't even appear, the loader wouldn't respond to anything. many games aren't even working anymore or hard lock soon after loading the game. I tried using different loaders; same result. Using cIOSX Rev 18 IOS 57 (Tried cIOS Rev 17 and Rev 18 IOS 38, no go).

Thanks.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping this topic, but about a week ago my HDD with over 90 games installed got fully corrupted and I lost all of them. After doing some research, apparently removing games using WBFS Manager will corrupt other games on the HDD. I want to start working on reinstalling all of my games, but I'm unsure of which WBFS application to use since WBFS Manager is a piece of shit.

Thanks.

Yin3Yang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So WBFS Manager isn't recommended then? Did you do the research on this site? I want to research this also to see if I should change my manager program before I start installing a bunch of games.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fudgenuts64 said:
Sorry for bumping this topic, but about a week ago my HDD with over 90 games installed got fully corrupted and I lost all of them. After doing some research, apparently removing games using WBFS Manager will corrupt other games on the HDD. I want to start working on reinstalling all of my games, but I'm unsure of which WBFS application to use since WBFS Manager is a piece of shit.

Thanks.
Wiimms WBFS-Tool (WWT). If you still want WBFS, there's no way around it. The best Tool for WBFS and ISO converting, without a doubt (IMO). It even fixed bugs witch any other Manager probably doesn't, and has many more great features.

If you're not familiar with Commandline, get WiiJManager, the GUI for it. Not that advanced, but it should be enough for you.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doing research on a site like this only gets you the most popular vote, so I suggest you try things for yourself.
-wbfs manager website
-linky to wii game manager
-linky for wii backup manager

(note: I'm not sure whether these links contain the most up to date versions)

Back when WBFS was the only way to get games running from USB-drive, I used WBFS manager. Never had any problems with it*.
Once loading from FAT32 became stable, I switched to wii game manager (wbfs manager doesn't support it). Although the themes never worked out like they did on the pictures, the actual using of the program was at least as straightforward as wbfs manager.

I only very recently discovered wii backup manager, in an attempt to split .ciso files in a similar way as .wbfs files can be split.
And while it can't do THAT, the fact that it can handle .ciso files to begin with (and, at first glance, everything that wii game manager can) actually makes it a very nice loader.

@fudgenuts64: do you really want to keep using the WBFS file system? While I can't promise that FAT32 (or any other file system) won't ever corrupt, I can promise that the chances of corruption while deleting something are so low it's basically zero (I add and delete stuff on my FAT32 disc on pretty much a daily basis).

*note: I never tried to delete a game from it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Doing research on a site like this only gets you the most popular vote, so I suggest you try things for yourself.
-wbfs manager website
-linky to wii game manager
-linky for wii backup manager

(note: I'm not sure whether these links contain the most up to date versions)

Back when WBFS was the only way to get games running from USB-drive, I used WBFS manager. Never had any problems with it*.
Once loading from FAT32 became stable, I switched to wii game manager (wbfs manager doesn't support it). Although the themes never worked out like they did on the pictures, the actual using of the program was at least as straightforward as wbfs manager.

I only very recently discovered wii backup manager, in an attempt to split .ciso files in a similar way as .wbfs files can be split.
And while it can't do THAT, the fact that it can handle .ciso files to begin with (and, at first glance, everything that wii game manager can) actually makes it a very nice loader.

@fudgenuts64: do you really want to keep using the WBFS file system? While I can't promise that FAT32 (or any other file system) won't ever corrupt, I can promise that the chances of corruption while deleting something are so low it's basically zero (I add and delete stuff on my FAT32 disc on pretty much a daily basis).

*note: I never tried to delete a game from it.
I was initially going to use FAT32, but I have a few questions about it.

1. Can you rip discs from your Wii if you use FAT32?
2. How do you put games on a FAT32 partition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte