Hacking Problem With USB Loader GX/Dios Mios

pianoman1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody,

Trying to use USB Loader GX to play Gamecube games off my HDD. My Gamecube games show up in the list (were once playable on WiiFlow), yet when I try to play them off of USB Loader GX, it says to "Copy them to your SD" card instead to play them. I know this has to do with Dios Mios Lite, however, for some reason now WiiFlow won't even load the games off my hard drive. I think the problem is that it does not recognize Dios Mios as being installed on my system. I was trying to download a newer version of Dios Mios, and I deleted the DM folder on my SD card (copied from the website, not sure if deleting this folder did anything). I took the WAD from that folder (v 2.10) and installed it using MMM. It says 'installed successfully', yet I still have these problems. I thought I knew what I was doing (I set up Wii emulation as well as other emulators up perfectly), but for some reason I just can not get this to work.

I was playing Gamecube earlier today perfectly, which makes me mad for tinkering with it. Is there any way to get a clean slate and start all over to make sure it gets installed correctly?

I appreciate any help! Thanks.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, to sum things up, you only installed a newer version of dios mios?

from what i gather, i think maybe you accidentally chose the wrong version of dios mios

remember: there are two versions of dios mios; DIOS MIOS LITE is for sd card. DIOS MIOS is for usb.

maybe u accidentally installed the lite version and the backloaders now expect ur games on your sd card.
btw, u dont need to keep the dm folder on your card, the only thing in that folder that can be used on the wii is the wad they package with it.

pianoman1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the response. Yeah I read up on it and saw that Lite was for SD and the regular is for USB. I definitely installed the right Dios Mios, however for some reason I can not play Gamecube games off of my HDD using USB Loader GX. Is it even possible to load games off of a HDD with GX? Maybe the version I downloaded is still too old? I have USB Loader GX V 3.0, which I am pretty sure is the newest one.

Thanks.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the response. Yeah I read up on it and saw that Lite was for SD and the regular is for USB. I definitely installed the right Dios Mios, however for some reason I can not play Gamecube games off of my HDD using USB Loader GX. Is it even possible to load games off of a HDD with GX? Maybe the version I downloaded is still too old? I have USB Loader GX V 3.0, which I am pretty sure is the newest one.

Thanks.

ok, maybe u wanna try a different loader? i use cfg loader

just get the original cfg loader files here. (u should know what to do) https://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list
then you have to replace to boot.dol in the applications' folder with this modified boot.dol from here: https://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/list
dont forget to rename it!

they have a faq that talks about dios mios not working here: https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ

Reactions: pianoman1991

pianoman1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acid you are the man! CFG Loader is wayyyyy better than WiiFlow and USB Loader GX in my opinion. Thanks for the tip about switching the boot.dol files. Works perfectly and my Gamecube games are working perfectly now.

Reactions: _acid_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1