Problem with R4 i

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HitoZero, Apr 24, 2012.

Apr 24, 2012

Problem with R4 i by HitoZero at 7:09 PM (592 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. HitoZero
    OP

Newcomer HitoZero Newbie

Mexico
    Well this card is from a friend, he one day started to have problems playing with it and to the point it doesn’t load anymore, it says that there has been a problem with the system, turn it off… etc, etc.. on a black screen and white letters, so I started searched for the newest software of the card, I have tried a lot and none of them have worked, even the one from the site, the DSi he is using has version 1.4U, he never updated it and before it was working, any help on finding the correct software for this card?

This is a picture of the card in question… Thanks everybody!

[​IMG]

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    The correct firmware will be from the web site on the card, if that doesn't work then perhaps the card is bricked.

3. HitoZero
    OP

Newcomer HitoZero Newbie

Mexico
    I have tried every download from the page and it didn’t worked :(
    If the case is that it’s bricked then there is nothing else to do right? He has to buy a new card then?

4. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Try this. http://filetrip.net/ajax.php?action=download&id=28026

5. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    If it is bricked i do not know if it is possible to recover an R4i, perhaps someone who has had a bricked card such as yours may be able to help you

6. rob white

Newcomer rob white Newbie

United States
    Looks like the card is an old flashcart from the r4ids.com, they don't support it any more. If it is not working with the latest firmware, it's time to buy another better flashcart, buy r4i gold 3ds is my advice.

7. HitoZero
    OP

Newcomer HitoZero Newbie

Mexico
    I tried the file and it didn’t worked :(, I tried contacting the owners of the page and they told me that they didn’t supported the device anymore and that’s just a shame, well the DSi is right now 1.4U unless my friend lied to me and in fact he did updated the console then that would explain why it stopped working, seems like the only option it’s to get a new card then… I think the best firmware to work with flashcards is 1.4.3 right?

Really I thank all of you for the help :)

8. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Odd, I have the same R4. I just tried again, extract the files to the root of the microsd, and put the card in the DS. Does it just stick at loading?

9. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    bricked cards can be saved, but you'll need another working card with the correct firmware, then you need to hotswap the carts.