Hacking problem with new sdcard and emummc

szeptaniec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I am asking for help, I have been fighting the problem for a week.
Description of the problem: Up to now I have used a 128GB card (samsung), one exfat partition, one for emummc (fat32). Everything worked and works perfectly. However, the time has come for a new 400gb card. And the problems began. After cloning the card only once worked emummc, each time I saw only the black screen after the start of hekate. After a week I gave up copying and set up partitions again, downloaded what I needed from sdsetup and nothing. The newly created emummc does not go out of hekate, I see hekate, I choose start emummc, and after a while I am in hekate again. Not a black screen but not a big difference. I have no more ideas. The 400gb card works on a pc without problems. When I use the old 128gb card everything works to. So it's not the fault of the card and not the reader in the switch. Any ideas?

Reactions: Christian Rosado

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am asking for help, I have been fighting the problem for a week.
Description of the problem: Up to now I have used a 128GB card (samsung), one exfat partition, one for emummc (fat32). Everything worked and works perfectly. However, the time has come for a new 400gb card. And the problems began. After cloning the card only once worked emummc, each time I saw only the black screen after the start of hekate. After a week I gave up copying and set up partitions again, downloaded what I needed from sdsetup and nothing. The newly created emummc does not go out of hekate, I see hekate, I choose start emummc, and after a while I am in hekate again. Not a black screen but not a big difference. I have no more ideas. The 400gb card works on a pc without problems. When I use the old 128gb card everything works to. So it's not the fault of the card and not the reader in the switch. Any ideas?
Did check to see if the 400 GiB SD card was fake or not?

DCMaxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Had the exact same issue.
I don't know if the SD card was "fake" as @Draxzelex said or not (no-name brand, bought of amazon, supposedly class 10 but was in fact a class 4...), but I never got emuMMC to work in it.

Sent the card back to amazon, bought a Sandisk 400Gig one (twice the price of the no-name one, but eh), never had any issue anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night