Hacking Problem with new safehax,please HELP!!

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, I really need a lot of help I´m kind of desperate, the thing is las night I tried SAFEHAX and everything went well all the way the downgrade through 2.1, i was originally on 11.2, when I tried to install CF i got the "invalid backup" error so it made me restart buck the console turn on again normally, so I decided to update my console via a game cartridge (pokemon moon ask me for update in order to pay) so I proceeded with the update and everything went normal, the console restarted as usual after the update, but when I tried to access system settings to verify my console version, my console gets stuck in a black screen forever after the Nintendo 3DS message, I can play pokemon moon normally but the rest of apps and internet functions require me to update through the system settings which I cannot access anyway!, I tried the restore startup (the L+R+Up+A at power on) and it start updating normally but near the end it gets stucked forever and never finishes the update. For all this I`m assumming i have a soft brick o kind of, I really don´t know what else to do =( , anyone has any idea?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I tried to install CF i got the "invalid backup" error so it made me restart buck the console turn on again normally
Huh? I don't understand what you were trying to do here.

If I read this right, you tried to cartridge update from 2.1 to 11.0? That's a real, real bad idea.

Is A9LH installed? Do you have a NAND backup?

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Huh? I don't understand what you were trying to do here.

If I read this right, you tried to cartridge update from 2.1 to 11.0? That's a real, real bad idea.

Is A9LH installed? Do you have a NAND backup?

While trying to install CF I got the error that's supposed to happen because o bad quality o my SD card, since I don't have another one my logic was to return to the last stock version and the update went as normal but I can't access anything but the game, my console turn on as normal, yeah I read somewhere that updating from 2.1 to 11 was a bad a idea , but that was after I did it,so now I'm lost, I think I have a NAND backup since safehax ask me for 1gb o si to make a nand backup at the start of the process, what can I do :(??

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While trying to install CF I got the error that's supposed to happen because o bad quality o my SD card, since I don't have another one my logic was to return to the last stock version and the update went as normal but I can't access anything but the game, my console turn on as normal, yeah I read somewhere that updating from 2.1 to 11 was a bad a idea , but that was after I did it,so now I'm lost, I think I have a NAND backup since safehax ask me for 1gb o si to make a nand backup at the start of the process, what can I do :(??
First, it's Decrypt9, not safehax. And if you already have a backup, just use hourglass9 to restore it (you need to have installed luma of course cause I don't know what you mean with "CF")

Last edited by Jhnsn,

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First, it's Decrypt9, not safehax. And if you already have a backup, just use hourglass9 to restore it (you need to have installed luma of course cause I don't know what you mean with "CF")
Custom Firmware I guess, the thing is I think that i don´t have Luma installed, I got the bad SD memory before installing Luma? Or i don´t even know if Luma was erased when updated, how can I know if i have Luma? is there another way to access hourglass9? I´ve tried to enter homebrew but i can´t no even with Ocarina...

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Custom Firmware I guess, the thing is I think that i don´t have Luma installed, I got the bad SD memory before installing Luma? Or i don´t even know if Luma was erased when updated, how can I know if i have Luma? is there another way to access hourglass9? I´ve tried to enter homebrew but i can´t no even with Ocarina...
Take another sd card, put an arm9loaderhax.bin from luma on it, then put hourglass9 into the payloads folder. Boot up your 3ds and try to access hourglass9. If that doesn't do anything, you don't have luma installed. Then I can't help you any further.

zombigrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this happen after deleting 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files? NANDmin.bin Is what you needed to continue install that way. Can you boot into homebrew?

Edit: oh just seen your post saying you can't

Last edited by zombigrn,

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Take another sd card, put an arm9loaderhax.bin from luma on it, then put hourglass9 into the payloads folder. Boot up your 3ds and try to access hourglass9. If that doesn't do anything, you don't have luma installed. Then I can't help you any further.

It seems I don´t have Luma =(, my systme boots directly to the Home Menu, thanks anyways, I really apreciate it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did this happen after deleting 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files? NANDmin.bin Is what you needed to continue install that way. Can you boot into homebrew?

Edit: oh just seen your post saying you can't

I really dont know if it happened after that, all I remember is that I was at 2.1 then entered the browser to proceed with the guide I was using and while checking my backup it gave me and error "invalid backup" o something like that, so i decided to update to go back to my normal firm, but it seems now im stucked in something between 2.1 and 11.2 cause i can play pokemon but any internet function or everything else tells me i need to upgrade.

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to rename the "Decrypt9WIP.bin" from here https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases to "arm9loaderhax.bin" on root of SD card and boot the 3DS, if you go to home menu then I'm afraid you have bricked chaco!

The way to boot into Luma is Up pressed or select? that´s what i´ve tried, im afraid im brick, but is it a softbrick? hardbrick? can i do something?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this an Old 3DS or a New 3DS?

Also, what "Invalid Backup" error? What was the exact error message?

EDIT: If you're able to get into 3DS Sound, try using soundhax.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way to boot into Luma is Up pressed or select? that´s what i´ve tried, im afraid im brick, but is it a softbrick? hardbrick? can i do something?

Hardmod and inject NANDmin.bin back into console. Nothing else, and it's going to be a little pricey as it requires soldering into the motherboard.

If you have solder experience you can do it yourself or send it to someone in 'Merica to hardmode9 it for you.

Here is a list of trusted hardmodders on the forum: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/ (USA is prob best bet)

If you want to try it yourself I can find a guide, let me know.

Best of luck amigo!

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is this an Old 3DS or a New 3DS?

Also, what "Invalid Backup" error? What was the exact error message?

EDIT: If you're able to get into 3DS Sound, try using soundhax.

Is a New 3DS, yeah that exactly the error "Invalid Backup", i´m able to enter Sound, but then just crash, the thing is i don´t know in which firm i am so i dont know whic otherapp to use, also i cant enter homebrew via Ocarina, got stuck in when it stars loading and then returns to home menu.

Last edited by PacoMP,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is a New 3DS, yeah that exactly the error "Invalid Backup", i´m able to enter Sound, but then just crash, the thing is i don´t know in which firm i am so i dont know whic otherapp to use, also i cant enter homebrew via Ocarina, got stuck in when it stars loading and then returns to home menu.
You're screwed unless you have a valid backup. Doing a cart update while in 2.1 results in Old 3DS firmware being installed. (I have no idea how it's even functioning; usually this results in a brick.)

Do NOT put the system into sleep mode; this will make it worse by bricking the MCU.

You must get it hardmodded and have a valid backup restored to the NAND.

EDIT: Which utility gave you "Invalid Backup"?

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hardmod and inject NANDmin.bin back into console. Nothing else, and it's going to be a little pricey as it requires soldering into the motherboard.

If you have solder experience you can do it yourself or send it to someone in 'Merica to hardmode9 it for you.

Here is a list of trusted hardmodders on the forum: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/ (USA is prob best bet)

If you want to try it yourself I can find a guide, let me know.

Best of luck amigo!

Pfff that´s what i´m afraid off, i still have guaranty with the store, so maybe i should try there first, and then try hardmod.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah its worth a shot, they may wonder why a N3DS is running O3DS firm tho LOL.
There's no real obvious distinction between the two visually, unless you actually dig into it:
  • N3DS System Settings has an option for super-stable 3D. (System Settings isn't working, so this is out.)
  • N3DS home menu options has controls for enabling and disabling Wi-Fi and NFC. O3DS home menu only has the Wi-Fi option on 2DS. Chances are low that they'd actually check for this.
  • Browser differences, but if the browser isn't working, that won't help, either.
Nintendo, of course, can check the whole thing. Granted, if it's processed as a return, they'll probably just reformat it and sell it as refurbished.

PacoMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh yeah its worth a shot, they may wonder why a N3DS is running O3DS firm tho LOL.
There's no real obvious distinction between the two visually, unless you actually dig into it:
  • N3DS System Settings has an option for super-stable 3D. (System Settings isn't working, so this is out.)
  • N3DS home menu options has controls for enabling and disabling Wi-Fi and NFC. O3DS home menu only has the Wi-Fi option on 2DS. Chances are low that they'd actually check for this.
  • Browser differences, but if the browser isn't working, that won't help, either.
Nintendo, of course, can check the whole thing. Granted, if it's processed as a return, they'll probably just reformat it and sell it as refurbished.
Thanks both of you, I opted for going with a "Technitian" who lives from this, so my las option is hardmodding, if this technitian can´t fix without hardmod (worth a try) i´ll send it to nintendo, if this does not work, hardmod will be, thanks everybody =)

Last edited by PacoMP,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone