Problem with my wireless WLAN Wifi adapter.

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Irmaa, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011
  1. Irmaa
    OP

Newcomer Irmaa Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello,

I would love to use wifi on my DS, but I can't use the WiFi I have at home since the protection is too high. (?)
    I bought this Wifi adapter a few days ago:
    [​IMG]

Shouldn't this give me the ability to use WiFi on my nintendo DS?
    I bought it along with an installation cd, but after I installed the driver it didn't work.
    I've already tried these steps: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/Ralink_Soft_AP but no progress, after I tried to install it, it kept saying that there wasn't any driver to install.

Does anybody know how to make it work? I've googled a lot but nothing really helped so far.
    Thanks in advance (:

2. Irmaa
    OP

Newcomer Irmaa Newbie

Netherlands
    Is it such a hard question or does nobody want to help me..?

3. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Ok,so here's the deal, its an extension of Your Wireless internet. If you already had wireless, this thing wouldn't be of much help for 2 reasons:

1) If you intended to buy the NINTENDO WIFI adaptor, then you got the wrong one
    2) an extension of the internet in the house will not guarantee wi-fi on your ds, as you will need to input the needed data . Go to your WFC settings, and choose this connection that is yours. If its open, you mabey wont have to do anything, but mabey you need to fill in IP dns etc etc. What I use is this little thingy
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

. It Automaticly changes your network setting to allow your ds to internet.

If you have a anti virus or firewall thats nagging you, try to allow the connections of your wifi adaptor.

Give it a shot!

4. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    It might be possible that the encryption in your wifi at home is WPA/WPA2, Nintendo DS could only get through WEP for gaming online.

5. Irmaa
    OP

Newcomer Irmaa Newbie

Netherlands
    Well first of all, thanks for the replies.
    But the thing is, when I search for an acces point, it doesn't show any connection.
    So, was this purchase a mistake or can it be any helpfull.. ?