Hardware Problem with my WiiMote

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

My Wiimote is not working correctly and I am unsure why.

Well, on Sunday I took my Wiimote to a relatives house and was playing Wii Sports for a good hour. Suddenly, in the middle of a game of bowling the Wiimote just stopped being sensor read (if thats what you call it).

In other words - My Wiimote functions correctly in the buttons, is full battery, shows the blue cursor on screen and can work in all ways until the point where I swing a shot for tennis or attempt to bowl in bowling. No matter how many times I swing it cannot be read/transmitted to the Wii, so I believe the sensor is not working.

If anyone has experienced this issue and knows how to fix it, I would be forever grateful.

The Wiimote is original and about 3 years old.

Erikie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to hit the wii mote with your hand just above the - (minus) button. There is your sensor located for the motion detection. Sometimes it gets stuck.
You can notice this when you turn the wii mote when looking at the little hand at the screen.
Does it turn with you when you turn the wii mote or does it dissappear?

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I turn the Wiimote the blue hand turns with it, however when I tap the spot above the minus button the sensor is still not recognised.

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I also tried changing settings of the sensor bar, that failed too.

EDIT: Just smashed the Wiimote against my hand and it now works.
smile.gif

Thanks ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1