Problem with memory card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mutenroushi, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008

Problem with memory card by Mutenroushi at 6:28 PM (829 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Mutenroushi
    OP

Newcomer Mutenroushi Newbie

Brazil
    I was going to play my DS using my M3Real, and when i choose the game, it crashed and then eveything went black. I tried to turn it off and try again, but i can see only the M3Real logo, so i think the M3 is still working normaly.
    I took the card, one microSD 2G Kingston and plugged it on my PC. I still can see the contents of it, but I can't erase or add anything more!! X0

Anyone who had a similar problem before? Know a way to make it work again? I'm not really worried with the content since I have backup with all the games and most of the saves, so i just want to make it work again.
    I lost something like 25 hours of Chrono trigger ^^" but no crisis XD

thanks!

2. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    have you tried formatting the micro SD yet ?
    since you have already backed up everything in there you won't lose anything I guess

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try reformatting it with the Panasonic formatter. If that doesn't work, try using a different card reader. If that does work, try reformatting it with a camera, cell phone, or other device. If that doesn't work, contact Kingston and get a replacement (Kingston has a lifetime warranty).

-Bri

4. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    whats wrong with using the computer's formatter that makes the Panasonic formatter a better option ?

5. Mutenroushi
    OP

Brazil
    I tried to format it using windows and it didn't worked.
    After that i tried that Panasonic formatter that i got from this site:
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Tyuno123 you can read there why the sd formatter is a better option.

Humm..... I'm going to try the different reader and the camera options...

6. Mutenroushi
    OP

Brazil
    I worked with my camera! [​IMG] so after formating it with the camera, I formated it again with the Panasonic formatter and re-installed my stuff, and now everything is working [​IMG]

thanks Bri!!

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Cool! Glad it worked!

If you don't already, remember to always use the "safely remove hardware" utility on Windows before removing your microSD card from your PC, or your microSD card will get corrupted and you might have problems again.

-Bri