Hacking Problem with installing modified CIA w/ FBI

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I obtained a decrypted CIA of PKMN Omega Ruby from Villain 3DS, modified it with PK3DS, and rebuilt it with HackingToolkit3DS V9. It built the CIA (Took me several tries, it caused my PC to completely freeze for a couple minutes, then it started working again) I then started up FBI and attempted to install the CIA, and when it was 8 or 9 seconds away from completing after half an hour, it gave me an error: I Invalid NCCH. I tried it twice, same problem. So...

1. What could I be doing wrong?
2. Is HackingToolkit still a valid way to extract a CIA file, or is there something newer? (I'm using Luma version 11.6)
3. I don't have a log file, like people keep mentioning, where should it be?
4. How about that Jastolze person?

Thanks for any help! I've been out of the 3DS hacking scene for over a year lol.

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is there an alternative to HackingToolkit to make CIA files? I didn't have problems when using 3ds builder to make 3ds roms. Why am I all of the sudden finding problems with CIA creation?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bit of an outdated method. Instead of repacking the romfs, make a folder called romfs, and put all the files you're editing in their proper file paths. Then, use luma layerdfs patching to load it instead of repacking the romfs. It's easier and faster.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Read the "layeredFS" part:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Basically, rather than repacking the game into a .CIA, you apply the patch over the normal game and it works fine. Btw, had you read the release notes, you would know that HackingToolkit9DS can't repack .CIA files at this point (it creates broken versions).

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the "layeredFS" part:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Basically, rather than repacking the game into a .CIA, you apply the patch over the normal game and it works fine. Btw, had you read the release notes, you would know that HackingToolkit9DS can't repack .CIA files at this point (it creates broken versions).

I realize the newest version can't compile cias. I was told to use v9 which apparently works better. On version 10, he removed support for cia rebuilding. Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-